Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bicycle wheel truing stand.

Unfortunately the imgur new software is not displaying in the correct
order after re-arranging. Go to the end of the pics in the link.

All holes drilled have brass bushings to prevent the threads from eating
the wood away.

My son is racing so I built this to keep his wheels true.

http://imgur.com/a/jBPzI#17
Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message

Unfortunately the imgur new software is not displaying in the correct
order after re-arranging. Go to the end of the pics in the link.

All holes drilled have brass bushings to prevent the threads from eating
the wood away.

My son is racing so I built this to keep his wheels true.

http://imgur.com/a/jBPzI#17

Nice. Did you build a dishing tool, too?
Kerry

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/11/2012 5:24 PM, Kerry Montgomery wrote:
"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message

Unfortunately the imgur new software is not displaying in the correct
order after re-arranging. Go to the end of the pics in the link.

All holes drilled have brass bushings to prevent the threads from eating
the wood away.

My son is racing so I built this to keep his wheels true.

http://imgur.com/a/jBPzI#17

Nice. Did you build a dishing tool, too?
Kerry

No not yet. One thing at a time.

He hasn't mentioned he wants one yet. Seems like a piece of cake.
Probably I would use simple T - Track.
But I don't know yet.

I liked the idea of knowing how much it was out with the dial.
Not sure he needs it, but I offered it when I saw that HF had a coupon
for the indicator. I think the points will be enough, if he doesn't use
the dial, I'll get it back.

The points are just dowels painted red on hangar wire. Make a nice sound
when it rubs...
Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:

Unfortunately the imgur new software is not displaying in the correct
order after re-arranging. Go to the end of the pics in the link.

All holes drilled have brass bushings to prevent the threads from eating
the wood away.

My son is racing so I built this to keep his wheels true.

http://imgur.com/a/jBPzI#17

In the olden days we just turned the bike upside down and gave the
wheel a spin, then held a piece of chalk close enough to the side of
the tire that it would mark the high places. Where the mark was we
tightened the spokes from the other side of the hub. Then did it
again marking the other side of the wheel, etc. Close enough for
country boys who had never seen a caliper brake.

--
G.W. Ross

You've certainly got smooth skin -
between the wrinkles, that is.

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Can the points and the dial indicator be positioned to show how round the
wheel is? A very useful feature (at least, when the tire is removed).
Kerry

truing round stock Qiset Metalworking 8 September 5th 09 04:18 PM
is this a forged steel wheel? or an antique roller-conveyor wheel,or what? (pic online) dave Metalworking 9 August 2nd 09 08:28 PM
Truing up chuck jaws Michael Koblic Metalworking 66 July 12th 09 01:57 PM
FREE OFFER -- truing wheels Ignoramus22759 Metalworking 2 December 17th 07 12:56 AM
Truing a small grinding wheel on the drill press Doug Goncz Metalworking 1 March 22nd 04 10:45 AM