Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Eureka! It works!

My thickness sander project has come to a successful conclusion, thanks in no small measure to the good counsel of my online friends. When I last reported, I was faced with removing the adhesive backed loop stuff from the drum. No sweat -- it pulled right off. Affixed the hoop stuff, rolled on the loop based paper and fired her up. Ran a few samples and am pleased with the results. Total investment -- about $280. A tad over budget, but far less than the Performax I've been eyeing.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

I was not knowledgeable enough to advise or help, but congrats. Hope it give you lots of good service.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:50:45 -0700 (PDT), "Gramp's shop"
wrote:

My thickness sander project has come to a successful conclusion, thanks in no small measure to the good counsel of my online friends. When I last reported, I was faced with removing the adhesive backed loop stuff from the drum. No sweat -- it pulled right off. Affixed the hoop stuff, rolled on the loop based paper and fired her up. Ran a few samples and am pleased with the results. Total investment -- about $280. A tad over budget, but far less than the Performax I've been eyeing.

Congrats, Larry.

Please put up pictures on a website for us to see, like Picasa,
Imageshack, Flickr, Photobucket, Google+ or something (not ABPW).

--
In the depth of winter, I finally learned
that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Posted to rec.woodworking

My thickness sander project has come to a successful conclusion, thanks in no small measure to the good counsel of my online friends.
When I last reported, I was faced with removing the adhesive backed loop stuff from the drum. No sweat -- it pulled right off.
Affixed the hoop stuff, rolled on the loop based paper and fired her up. Ran a few samples and am pleased with the results.
Total investment -- about $280. A tad over budget, but far less than the Performax I've been eyeing. Larry

Congrats. I've thought about building one of these for my scrollsaw
projects but haven't worked up the courage. Post some pictures so I
can be further inspired. `Casper