Posted to rec.woodworking

Default It's all Texas' Fault

Study links global warming to Texas heat waves
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study...waves-1.873036

Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/10/2012 8:13 PM, Dave wrote:
Study links global warming to Texas heat waves
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study...waves-1.873036

Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire.

We call it Summer down here. And this week while miserably humid, not
hot at all. Low to mid 80's for several days now.
Posted to rec.woodworking

The issue was the Sun.

The sun has been hotter in recent years and no one could figure why.
The snow on Mars and other planets vaporized.

Without solar flares the earth would not get good weather. The Jet
streams would not be in proper positions and Pacific storms would not
generate. We are, this year, starting to get 1 jet stream to live in
the lower 48 states. There are typically or always (now almost) two.
During the summer one moves north and the southern moves north.

Winter there are two. The jet streams move Highs and Lows across
the nation. Without movement, static storms just continue to cause
Mayhem.

This was the hidden addenda of the environmentalists who knew the
relationship of solar flares and jet streams. A certain former VP
jumped into fame by stating the obvious.

Martin

On 7/10/2012 8:42 PM, Leon wrote:
On 7/10/2012 8:13 PM, Dave wrote:
Study links global warming to Texas heat waves
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study...waves-1.873036

Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire.

We call it Summer down here. And this week while miserably humid, not
hot at all. Low to mid 80's for several days now.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/10/2012 8:13 PM, Dave wrote:
Study links global warming to Texas heat waves
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study...waves-1.873036

Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire.

The report mentions only 2011. It was pretty warm that year.

But the winter before - and the winter before that (2009 and 2010)
we had real snow 5 or 6 times each winter.
Real blizzard stuff. Lasted a week or more each time.

But dam! I mean how is anybody gonna make any money outta this
if the egg heads blame it on the sun???

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/10/2012 9:56 PM, Richard wrote:
On 7/10/2012 8:13 PM, Dave wrote:
Study links global warming to Texas heat waves
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study...waves-1.873036

Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire.

The report mentions only 2011. It was pretty warm that year.

But the winter before - and the winter before that (2009 and 2010)
we had real snow 5 or 6 times each winter.
Real blizzard stuff. Lasted a week or more each time.

But dam! I mean how is anybody gonna make any money outta this
if the egg heads blame it on the sun???

If you do a little research. :~) The Greenies have an explanation as
to how cold weather is caused by global warming. They just can't let go
of the idea that this thing that most of us have recognized all of our
lives as seasonal changes is not unusual.

Toss in to this the sensationalism that the greenie weather forecasters
have tried to fly in under the radar.

Have you noticed that temperatures are often reported as "x" degrees
above normal? Correctly stated it should be announced as "x" degrees
above "average". FWIW it is normal for temperatures to fluctuate and
not match up with average temperatures at all. But then again," for the
cause", stating the facts is just not as exciting as reporting the
temperatures in a way that sounds bad.

What we really have happening is "global over study", for profit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Richard" wrote in message
m...
On 7/10/2012 8:13 PM, Dave wrote:

But dam! I mean how is anybody gonna make any money outta this
if the egg heads blame it on the sun???

Manufacture tin foil hats?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 06:51:49 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
FWIW it is normal for temperatures to fluctuate and
not match up with average temperatures at all. But then again," for the
cause", stating the facts is just not as exciting as reporting the
temperatures in a way that sounds bad.

What we really have happening is "global over study", for profit.

I was watching the news last night (local Toronto news so take it with
a grain of salt) and there was a section on the Texas drought this
year. They also mentioned how all the farmer's field are stunted in
growth due to drought in mass areas of the US.

Naturally, the concern was how much this was going to cost Canada when
we import vegetables and fruit up here this year.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

We call it Summer down here.

Our other season is called December/January.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/11/2012 7:49 AM, Dave in Texas wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

We call it Summer down here.

Our other season is called December/January.

Dave in Houston

No, It is called Summer and Christmas. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/11/2012 7:04 AM, Dave wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 06:51:49 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
FWIW it is normal for temperatures to fluctuate and
not match up with average temperatures at all. But then again," for the
cause", stating the facts is just not as exciting as reporting the
temperatures in a way that sounds bad.

What we really have happening is "global over study", for profit.

I was watching the news last night (local Toronto news so take it with
a grain of salt) and there was a section on the Texas drought this
year. They also mentioned how all the farmer's field are stunted in
growth due to drought in mass areas of the US.

Naturally, the concern was how much this was going to cost Canada when
we import vegetables and fruit up here this year.

We will not be exporting this year, you are on your own. :~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:04:07 -0400, Dave wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 06:51:49 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
FWIW it is normal for temperatures to fluctuate and
not match up with average temperatures at all. But then again," for the
cause", stating the facts is just not as exciting as reporting the
temperatures in a way that sounds bad.

What we really have happening is "global over study", for profit.

I was watching the news last night (local Toronto news so take it with
a grain of salt) and there was a section on the Texas drought this
year. They also mentioned how all the farmer's field are stunted in
growth due to drought in mass areas of the US.

West Texas is a desert. It's not surprising that it doesn't rain.

Naturally, the concern was how much this was going to cost Canada when
we import vegetables and fruit up here this year.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:00:11 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
om...
On 7/10/2012 8:13 PM, Dave wrote:

But dam! I mean how is anybody gonna make any money outta this
if the egg heads blame it on the sun???

Manufacture tin foil hats?

Greenies can't actually make anything. They're inhibitors.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

We call it Summer down here.

Our other season is called December/January.

Dave in Houston

No, It is called Summer and Christmas. ;~)

There are but two temperatures the TFC and TFH, right?

(too bloody cold, etc.)

--
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails,
admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Martin Eastburn wrote:
The issue was the Sun.

The sun has been hotter in recent years and no one could figure why.
The snow on Mars and other planets vaporized.

Without solar flares the earth would not get good weather. The Jet
streams would not be in proper positions and Pacific storms would not
generate. We are, this year, starting to get 1 jet stream to live in
the lower 48 states. There are typically or always (now almost) two.
During the summer one moves north and the southern moves north.

Winter there are two. The jet streams move Highs and Lows across
the nation. Without movement, static storms just continue to cause
Mayhem.

This was the hidden addenda of the environmentalists who knew the
relationship of solar flares and jet streams. A certain former VP
jumped into fame by stating the obvious.

Martin

you are now on Agores hit list.

Using such logic is not to be tolerated, you must drink the kool-aid

Posted to rec.woodworking

Richard wrote:
On 7/10/2012 8:13 PM, Dave wrote:
Study links global warming to Texas heat waves
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study...waves-1.873036

Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire.

The report mentions only 2011. It was pretty warm that year.

But the winter before - and the winter before that (2009 and 2010)
we had real snow 5 or 6 times each winter.
Real blizzard stuff. Lasted a week or more each time.

But dam! I mean how is anybody gonna make any money outta this
if the egg heads blame it on the sun???

Right. I saw a report the other day that this summer set record temperatures
in 25 states!

Now if "warming" is "global" why weren't records set in the other 25 states
plus DC and six other states? And why, again if warming is "global", is the
UK bothered by an cold and wet summer?

I just wish these "scientists" would get back to saving the whales or
burning the bra or some other mass movement that gives their life meaning
and quit farking with normal folk.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
Study links global warming to Texas heat waves
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study...waves-1.873036

Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire.

I'm sorry and regret the inconvenience.

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub wrote:

I just wish these "scientists" would get back to saving the whales or
burning the bra or some other mass movement that gives their life
meaning and quit farking with normal folk.

Hey! Leave burning the bra alone Mister! Those of us who came up through
the 60's hold that as a very holy concept...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

in 1532671 20120711 223127 "HeyBub" wrote:
Richard wrote:
On 7/10/2012 8:13 PM, Dave wrote:
Study links global warming to Texas heat waves
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study...waves-1.873036

Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire.

The report mentions only 2011. It was pretty warm that year.

But the winter before - and the winter before that (2009 and 2010)
we had real snow 5 or 6 times each winter.
Real blizzard stuff. Lasted a week or more each time.

But dam! I mean how is anybody gonna make any money outta this
if the egg heads blame it on the sun???

Right. I saw a report the other day that this summer set record temperatures
in 25 states!

Now if "warming" is "global" why weren't records set in the other 25 states
plus DC and six other states? And why, again if warming is "global", is the
UK bothered by an cold and wet summer?

How many times have you been told to find out the difference between "climate"
and "weather"?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Richard wrote:
On 7/10/2012 8:13 PM, Dave wrote:
Study links global warming to Texas heat waves
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/study...waves-1.873036

Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire.

The report mentions only 2011. It was pretty warm that year.

But the winter before - and the winter before that (2009 and 2010)
we had real snow 5 or 6 times each winter.
Real blizzard stuff. Lasted a week or more each time.

But dam! I mean how is anybody gonna make any money outta this
if the egg heads blame it on the sun???

Right. I saw a report the other day that this summer set record
temperatures in 25 states!

Now if "warming" is "global" why weren't records set in the other 25
states plus DC and six other states? And why, again if warming is
"global", is the UK bothered by an cold and wet summer?

How many times have you been told to find out the difference between
"climate" and "weather"?

The people who make a distinction between "weather" and "global warming" are
science deniers and anti-alarmists. The global warming advocates may be
wrong about the climate, but "global warming" is but a means to an end.
Those who trumpet the cause are really trying to raise the adrenaline level
of their acolytes.

Why they would want this, I do not know, but it's obviously their life's
work.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 07:43:00 +0000, Bob Martin wrote:

Now if "warming" is "global" why weren't records set in the other 25
states plus DC and six other states? And why, again if warming is
"global", is the UK bothered by an cold and wet summer?

How many times have you been told to find out the difference between
"climate" and "weather"?

The global deniers come out in force every time the subject comes up. I
think it's the same bunch that swore Saddam had WMD. When none showed
up, they claimed they were hidden. After all these years, not one Iragi
has come forth and said for the right price he'd show them to us. That's
roughly equal to the number of posters here who've posted their apologies
for being wrong :-).

Since most of us here seem to be seasoned citizens, it may be that the
argument won't be resolved until we're all dead. But if it's resolved
sooner than that, you can be sure that the same deafening silence will
prevail :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:39:14 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

[...]

Ever notice how AGWK alarmists always evade the questions and put the
attention on something entirely unrelated? It's called "distraction"
or "diversion" or "deflection". They never address the problem or
lack of data, they only diss the messenger.

And, as much as I hate to play into your liberal generalizations
there, I'll bet you'd eat your words if Shrub hadn't put off the
search for the WMDs for weeks/month, giving them time to hide or
redistribute everything of interest.

P.S: Tell the thousands of dead people the Iraquis had no WMDs.

From the wmd Wiki:
Chemical weapon attacks
Main article: Iraqi chemical weapons program
Location Weapon Used Date Casualties
Haij Umran Mustard August 1983 fewer than 100
Iranian/Kurdish
Panjwin Mustard October–November 1983 3,001
Iranian/Kurdish
Majnoon Island Mustard February–March 1984 2,500 Iranians
al-Basrah Tabun March 1984 50-100 Iranians
Hawizah Marsh Mustard & Tabun March 1985 3,000 Iranians
al-Faw Mustard & Tabun February 1986 8,000 to 10,000
Iranians
Um ar-Rasas Mustard December 1986 1,000s Iranians
al-Basrah Mustard & Tabun April 1987 5,000 Iranians
Sumar/Mehran Mustard & nerve agent October 1987 3,000 Iranians
Halabjah Mustard & nerve agent March 1988 7,000s
Kurdish/Iranian
al-Faw Mustard & nerve agent April 1988 1,000s Iranians
Fish Lake Mustard & nerve agent May 1988 100s or 1,000s
Iranians
Majnoon Islands Mustard & nerve agent June 1988 100s
or 1,000s Iranians
South-central border Mustard & nerve agent July 1988 100s
or 1,000s Iranians
an-Najaf -
Karbala area Nerve agent & CS March 1991 Unknown

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

From the wmd Wiki:
[...]

Not to mention:

http://www.bloggernews.net/116579

--
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure,the creed of ignorance, and the
gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/12/2012 11:39 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 07:43:00 +0000, Bob Martin wrote:

Now if "warming" is "global" why weren't records set in the other 25
states plus DC and six other states? And why, again if warming is
"global", is the UK bothered by an cold and wet summer?

How many times have you been told to find out the difference between
"climate" and "weather"?

The global deniers come out in force every time the subject comes up. I
think it's the same bunch that swore Saddam had WMD. When none showed
up, they claimed they were hidden. After all these years, not one Iragi
has come forth and said for the right price he'd show them to us. That's
roughly equal to the number of posters here who've posted their apologies
for being wrong :-).

Oh good gosh Larry, There were WMD's and that was proven years before we
invaded. It was on reported on TV with the effects on cattle. If any
country did not have some form of WMD they would have had
absolutely nothing to bargain with.

I have mention this possibility time and again, we gave him several
months to hide the stuff before we invaded. Those that did the hiding
simply and conveniently disappeared.

Posted to rec.woodworking

--------------------------------------
"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

[...]

--------------------------------
+2

Logic evades them.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

[...]

Thank God we have you two great minds to remind the rest of us...

Where would we be without your great thinking?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

[...]

This is logical, if you live in California you are gullible and are
easily sold a bill of goods. Look at your government and the state of
your economy. The greenies have ruined you economy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

[...]

A classic example of pot, kettle.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

[...]

Unions and their enablers (politicians) haven't helped.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

[...]

Yeah they sell the snake oil and the citizens line up to buy it and pay
double price.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

[...]

In a collective bargaining state, once the union moves in, there isn't much
choice. WRT public unions, it's an unholy alliance. Should be criminal.