Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Corned Beef and Cabbage - an investment opportunity?

Served with garlic roasted potatoes. In almost 70 years I don't think
I've ever had a better meal.

Franchised, you could make a fortune.

Truth be told, Leon's wife is the REAL talent in the family ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/9/2012 7:56 AM, Swingman wrote:
Served with garlic roasted potatoes. In almost 70 years I don't think
I've ever had a better meal.

Franchised, you could make a fortune.

Truth be told, Leon's wife is the REAL talent in the family ...

You did make a pig of yourself LOL. That did Kim's heart good!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/9/2012 8:02 AM, Leon wrote:
On 7/9/2012 7:56 AM, Swingman wrote:
Served with garlic roasted potatoes. In almost 70 years I don't think
I've ever had a better meal.

Franchised, you could make a fortune.

Truth be told, Leon's wife is the REAL talent in the family ...

You did make a pig of yourself LOL. That did Kim's heart good!

You think? If y'all hadn't been in such dammed hurry to play dominoes,
you woulda seen "pig", I guarantee ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Served with garlic roasted potatoes. In almost 70 years I don't think
I've ever had a better meal.

Franchised, you could make a fortune.

And a "green" source of natural gas.

--
G.W. Ross

'Bother,' said Pooh, as he saw the
mushroom cloud.

Posted to rec.woodworking

G. Ross, wrote the following at or about 7/9/2012 8:41 AM:
Swingman wrote:
Served with garlic roasted potatoes. In almost 70 years I don't think
I've ever had a better meal.

Franchised, you could make a fortune.

And a "green" source of natural gas.

Tis the beauty of Corned Beef, Cabbage and Potatoes...

Corned Beef and Potatoes for bulk and cabbage for velocity!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

When corned beef "flats" aren't available, bacon is.

Fried cabbage anyone?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/9/2012 4:25 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Subject

When corned beef "flats" aren't available, bacon is.

Fried cabbage anyone?

Corned beef is not something that is done much around Cajun country, at
least in our family, so I was basically introduced to it in the Army.

In basic training, AIT, and OCS, and all through my stint, there were
two things that you could always get your fill of when served in the
mess hall:

Corned beef and SOS.

When those two items were on the menu, there was always plenty left so
they opened the chow line for seconds, thirds, ad infinitum.

I like both, but I love corned beef, so I used to tank-up on days it was
served.

... never even tried to cook it, Linda, being from AR where condiments
and educational materials are not allowed to cross their border from
outside, never heard of it (she doesn't cook in any event), and it has
been at least 30 years since the last time I had it, until Saturday night.

Make you slap yo mama ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/9/2012 4:46 PM, Swingman wrote:
[...]

And if it makes you feel any better, Kim has never prepared a bad pot of
corned beef. It always tastes just like it did Saturday night!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:55:35 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

[...]

It tastes the same all week? ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/9/2012 6:38 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
[...]

If she makes enough and Swingman does not pig out! ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote:

... never even tried to cook it, Linda, being from AR where
condiments and educational materials are not allowed to cross their
border from outside, never heard of it (she doesn't cook in any
event), and it has been at least 30 years since the last time I had
it, until Saturday night.

-------------------------------
Corned beef and cabbage is a classic dish for a pressure cooker.

Get yourself a 6 qt cooker and you take all the guess work out of C/B
preparation.

P/C works great for almost any boiled dinner as well as any braised
meat dish.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/9/2012 7:19 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Oh, poor baby ... just be glad I ate lunch. LOL

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/9/2012 7:56 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Swingman" wrote:

... never even tried to cook it, Linda, being from AR where
condiments and educational materials are not allowed to cross their
border from outside, never heard of it (she doesn't cook in any
event), and it has been at least 30 years since the last time I had
it, until Saturday night.

-------------------------------
Corned beef and cabbage is a classic dish for a pressure cooker.

Or a Croc Pot

Kim has both but the PC needs to be tended to.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/9/2012 8:47 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/9/2012 7:19 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

LOL, Guess what I had for lunch on Sunday and Sunday night? ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/9/2012 7:19 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

You mean I left some?? That lunch must of put me in guinea pig mode.
Next time Kim makes it call me, I obviously need more pig training.

LOL

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010