Posted to rec.woodworking

Default patio furnitu

Hi. all I want to make an outdoor chaise lounge for a patio, I've searched
for plans but they all seem so basic and plain, I want something more than a
platform of slats.Anyone seen anything different?

Sal

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 8 Jul 2012 20:22:32 -0500, "sal" wrote:

Hi. all I want to make an outdoor chaise lounge for a patio, I've searched
for plans but they all seem so basic and plain, I want something more than a
platform of slats.Anyone seen anything different?

Define "more than", Sal.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 18:34:24 -0700, Larry Jaques
Hi. all I want to make an outdoor chaise lounge for a patio, I've searched
for plans but they all seem so basic and plain, I want something more than a
platform of slats.Anyone seen anything different?

Define "more than", Sal.

Does an Adirondack chair qualify as a chaise lounge? I've seen a
number of them that I'd classify as being more than 'just basic'.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"sal" wrote in message

I was thinking of some sort of filigree around the legs and skulptured back
rest.The Adirondack chair I suppose could be included as a lounge chair.

Sal

Posted to rec.woodworking

"sal" wrote in message ...
Hi. all I want to make an outdoor chaise lounge for a patio, I've searched for
plans but they all seem so basic and plain, I want something more than a platform
of slats.Anyone seen anything different?

Sal

Get a basic plan that is close to what you want as far as dimensions and
angles are concerned. Then modify it to suit your tastes.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Artemus" wrote in message

"sal" wrote in message

Hi Art good advice , I'll give it a try.

Sal

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/8/2012 6:22 PM, sal wrote:
Hi. all I want to make an outdoor chaise lounge for a patio, I've searched
for plans but they all seem so basic and plain, I want something more than a
platform of slats.Anyone seen anything different?

Sal

I have not built one of these but I like the appearance:

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/wp...ir-Article.pdf

Dan