Posted to rec.woodworking

Default repair stationary belt sander

It sounds like a bearing is gone on my Craftsman 6"x48" stationary belt sander. I have taken enough off to expose and remove the C clips on the ends of the shaft. However, I can see no way to remove the bearings on either end of the roller. The roller itself will not come off - it appears to be mounted permanently. The bearings seem to be in a "plastic" ring; the latter is not listed as a separate part, so it may come with the bearing as a single unit.

Anybody out there have a clue how to remove and replace the bearings? If I do one is it time to do all four of them?

Thanks,
Len