Posted to rec.woodworking

Default You know your shop is too small ... PING HAN

Han, this decorative muntin grille design came from a G+ conversation
with you about six months ago (two photos in row):

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...40773600367218

I liked it enough to use it on this project. Thanks for the idea!!

(There is opaque glass going in these two doors, so the businessness
with the horizontal lines of the shelves showing won't be so overwhelming).

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
news

Han, this decorative muntin grille design came from a G+ conversation
with you about six months ago (two photos in row):

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...hopSBJ_Desk201
102#5758740773600367218

I liked it enough to use it on this project. Thanks for the idea!!

(There is opaque glass going in these two doors, so the businessness
with the horizontal lines of the shelves showing won't be so
overwhelming).

Looks good, Karl! But I cant take credit for our kitchen cabinets. My
wife chose them from The Kratsmaid collection at Home Despot 13 years ago!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:
Swingman wrote in
news

Han, this decorative muntin grille design came from a G+ conversation
with you about six months ago (two photos in row):

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...hopSBJ_Desk201
102#5758740773600367218

I liked it enough to use it on this project. Thanks for the idea!!

(There is opaque glass going in these two doors, so the businessness
with the horizontal lines of the shelves showing won't be so
overwhelming).

Looks good, Karl! But I cant take credit for our kitchen cabinets. My
wife chose them from The Kratsmaid collection at Home Despot 13 years ago!

Like hell you can't.

Point is, and IIRC, you pointed out at the time that the muntins were
spaced the exact distance from the rails and stiles as the width of the
rails and stiles. That is not something my challenged, teenage mutant
designer gene would have ever snapped to ... but that little subtle design
detail is the sole reason I like the grille pattern design.

Credit where credit due ...

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:45:48 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Han, this decorative muntin grille design came from a G+ conversation
with you about six months ago (two photos in row):

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...40773600367218

I liked it enough to use it on this project. Thanks for the idea!!

(There is opaque glass going in these two doors, so the businessness
with the horizontal lines of the shelves showing won't be so overwhelming).

Schweet, ('cept for the staining of that poor, defenseless wood)

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.
Posted to rec.woodworking

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...dShopSBJ_Desk2...

I liked it enough to use it on this project. Thanks for the idea!!

(There is opaque glass going in these two doors, so the businessness
with the horizontal lines of the shelves showing won't be so overwhelming).

--www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

Exquisite craftsmanship. Ya raisin' da bar a little for Leon, aintcha?
*smirk*
Modern day tools, old school execution. Got to love it.

It is a project like yours which makes me hang onto the tools I still
have. I built quite a few reception type desk/counters over the years
and always enjoyed functional casework like that.

Good call on the opaqueness of the glass. Maybe you can get a laminate
that resembles japanese paper, sign guys use that stuff often.
I might even have some.

Oh, and I like those 'bureau' style handles. They always worked for
me.

Maybe chemo today will wipe off some of that green-ness I am
experiencing, I don't like getting jealous, I like getting even. S

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

Han wrote:
Swingman wrote in
news

[...]

That was indeed Kraftmaid's design ... NOT mine. And Afina's sense of
taste ...
It's still available:
Showcase Mullion With Bistro Glass
http://www.kraftmaid.com/products/de...cements/glass-
doors/sd__dg06/?src=searchDef&query=glass+doors
http://tinyurl.com/86bnxex
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Robatoy wrote in
:

On Jun 27, 11:45*am, Swingman wrote:
Han, this decorative muntin grille design came from a G+ conversation
with you about six months ago (two photos in row):

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...dShopSBJ_Desk2.
..

I liked it enough to use it on this project. Thanks for the idea!!

(There is opaque glass going in these two doors, so the businessness
with the horizontal lines of the shelves showing won't be so
overwhelming

).

[...]

Great summary, Rob. I'll keep your green color, though.

--
Best regards
Han