Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Latest Project

I just posted pictures of my latest project over on
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. It isn't perfect, but not bad for
the first attempt. The wood is Southern Red Oak(which I thought was drier
than it was), the finish is three coats of a 50/50 mix of boiled lindseed
oil and mineral spirits, the screw for the chop is a 1" Acme Lead Screw from
The Surplus Center (with two flanged bearings, the one on the chop serving
as the garter and the nut held in a block on the backside of the leg), the
weight is in the neighborhood of 350 pounds.

Deb
Posted to rec.woodworking

Looks great. Good job.

My latest project, finished yesterday, is a back door for the work
room at the back of the garage. For 2 years I had been wanting to
replace the old original door, which had some wear, loose joints and
began dragging the floor. http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...in/photostream
Will install it today.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 26, 6:52*am, "Dr. Deb" wrote:
I just posted pictures of my latest project over on
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. *I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. *It isn't perfect, but not bad for
the first attempt. *The wood is Southern Red Oak(which I thought was drier
than it was), the finish is three coats of a 50/50 mix of boiled lindseed
oil and mineral spirits, the screw for the chop is a 1" Acme Lead Screw from
The Surplus Center (with two flanged bearings, the one on the chop serving
as the garter and the nut held in a block on the backside of the leg), the
weight is in the neighborhood of 350 pounds.

Deb

I took a look at that and it amazed me to see what some people can
cobble together out of a hundred bucks worth of wood. (joke)
Very nice job with some clever aids built in.
May it help you in making beautiful wood things in the many years to
come.