Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tech.question:

Sorry to bug you Guys again so soon.I have a ridged contractors saw on a
folding roll away table it has some vibration which I know affects accuracy
I hang a small concrete sidewalk pad under it weight 40lbs it helps
somewhat. My question , is there a better way?

Sal

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/11/2012 3:13 PM, sal wrote:
Sorry to bug you Guys again so soon.I have a ridged contractors saw on a
folding roll away table it has some vibration which I know affects accuracy
I hang a small concrete sidewalk pad under it weight 40lbs it helps
somewhat. My question , is there a better way?

Sal

Absolutely! what is your budget?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"sal" wrote in :

Sorry to bug you Guys again so soon.I have a ridged contractors saw on
a folding roll away table it has some vibration which I know affects
accuracy I hang a small concrete sidewalk pad under it weight 40lbs
it helps somewhat. My question , is there a better way?

Sal

Let's start by taking a look at the hardware on your saw. Are all the nuts
and bolts tight? Is the blade flat and true? Check the arbor. Grab it
and try to move it up and down. How much does it move?

Direct Drive or belt? If belt driven, is the tension adjusted properly?
Are the pulleys in line?

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/11/2012 3:13 PM, sal wrote:
Sorry to bug you Guys again so soon.I have a ridged contractors saw on a
folding roll away table it has some vibration which I know affects
accuracy
I hang a small concrete sidewalk pad under it weight 40lbs it helps
somewhat. My question , is there a better way?

Sal

Absolutely! what is your budget?

I would nix the hanging circular saw. Hold the saw and use a straight
edge to guide the saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11 Jun 2012 21:02:21 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

"sal" wrote in :

Sorry to bug you Guys again so soon.I have a ridged contractors saw on
a folding roll away table it has some vibration which I know affects
accuracy I hang a small concrete sidewalk pad under it weight 40lbs
it helps somewhat. My question , is there a better way?

Sal

Let's start by taking a look at the hardware on your saw. Are all the nuts
and bolts tight? Is the blade flat and true? Check the arbor. Grab it
and try to move it up and down. How much does it move?

Direct Drive or belt? If belt driven, is the tension adjusted properly?
Are the pulleys in line?

Puckdropper

And how old and ratty is the belt??? I've seen some really NASTY table
saws transformed into pretty decent saws by simply replacing the 30
year old excuse for a belt.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/11/2012 3:13 PM, sal wrote:
Sorry to bug you Guys again so soon.I have a ridged contractors saw on a
folding roll away table it has some vibration which I know affects
accuracy
I hang a small concrete sidewalk pad under it weight 40lbs it helps
somewhat. My question , is there a better way?

Sal

Absolutely! what is your budget?

I would nix the hanging circular saw. Hold the saw and use a straight
edge to guide the saw.

Who said anything about a hanging circular saw?????
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:12:43 -0500, "sal" wrote:

Hi Puckdropper the saw is the Ridgid R4510 direct drive I shall check nuts
and bolts arbor and remove blade to check for (flatness) if that is a word.

Check for missing teeth, too.

Flatness could be called runout or warpage.

--
Doctors prescribe medicine of which they know little,
to cure diseases of which they know less,
Posted to rec.woodworking

"sal" wrote in :

Hi Puckdropper the saw is the Ridgid R4510 direct drive I shall check
nuts and bolts arbor and remove blade to check for (flatness) if that
is a word.

Best check the base too. There's quite a few moving parts there, and they
could have loosened up over time.

Do you have the manual? Ridgid manuals are really good about explaining
the normal adjustments a tool may need.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

sal wrote:
Sorry to bug you Guys again so soon.I have a ridged contractors saw on a
folding roll away table it has some vibration which I know affects accuracy
I hang a small concrete sidewalk pad under it weight 40lbs it helps
somewhat. My question , is there a better way?

Sal

One more suggestion. If you need weight/inertia, think sandbag
instead of concrete. If it ever comes loose and lands on your toe you
will know one reason why.

--
G.W. Ross

If money could talk, it would say goodbye.

Mass. Vo-Tech evening ed question GeoLane at PTD dot NET Metalworking 2 September 17th 11 11:17 PM
Question about Comfortglow gas heater from DESA Tech. Do you have one like these? [email protected] Home Repair 5 November 10th 07 10:38 PM
ASK-A-TECH Electronics Repair 4 February 25th 07 11:30 PM
ASK-A-TECH Electronics Repair 1 December 28th 05 06:07 PM
Robin lee, tech question Slowhand Woodworking 8 January 10th 05 08:46 PM