Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Computer mice made from wood

This is pretty cool:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Wood...by-AlestRukov/

I'd like to have one, but the prices are a bit steep for me:

http://www.alestrukov.com/mouse/

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve Turner wrote in news:jq8qp9$edv$1
@dont-email.me:

This is pretty cool:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Wood...by-AlestRukov/

I'd like to have one, but the prices are a bit steep for me:

http://www.alestrukov.com/mouse/

This could be a good project for learning precision woodworking. It
doesn't take much wood, and the guts are easily available. You can carve
the top if you want, or some simple designs can be done with a bandsaw
and sander. (My mouse has a slight arc from back to front and is flat
across the surface.)

Oh, to sum up the first link: Use a CNC machine to carve out a mouse in
wood.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 31 May 2012 17:19:21 -0500, Steve Turner wrote:

This is pretty cool:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Wood...by-AlestRukov/

I'd like to have one, but the prices are a bit steep for me:

http://www.alestrukov.com/mouse/

They do look nice, but at almost $1000, there are to pricy for me to.

Paul T.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Steve Turner
wrote:

I'd like to have one, but the prices are a bit steep for me:

http://www.alestrukov.com/mouse/

Does he start with a whole tree per mouse? Yikes!

--
Woodworking and more at http://www.woodenwabbits.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Computer mice made from wood CNC!

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

Didn't I tell you guys that I found the pieces I made for the bowsaur?
After all that, I decided that I really didn't want/need one.

OK, here are a few pics. I don't have the dedicated site up yet.
http://homeandgardenhandyman.com/cncrouter.htm

Good grief! I thought I was the only one with a shop that cluttered!

And is that a Crapsman router table I see?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

Didn't I tell you guys that I found the pieces I made for the
bowsaur? After all that, I decided that I really didn't want/need
one.

OK, here are a few pics. I don't have the dedicated site up yet.
http://homeandgardenhandyman.com/cncrouter.htm

Good grief! I thought I was the only one with a shop that cluttered!

Indeed - Larry, I'm downright proud of ya! I started some clean up in mine
this spring, but I've got a ways to go before you can really navigate the
third bay.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

OK, here are a few pics. I don't have the dedicated site up yet.
http://homeandgardenhandyman.com/cncrouter.htm

---------------------------------
If you pick something up that hasn't been used in the last 18 months,
throw it away.

2 years from now, you may be able to see the floor.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

OK, here are a few pics. I don't have the dedicated site up yet.
http://homeandgardenhandyman.com/cncrouter.htm

---------------------------------
If you pick something up that hasn't been used in the last 18 months,
throw it away.

Hell - if I had done that over all of these years, I would have regretted a
lot of things. I'm not a pack rat, but let me tell ya - a lot of good stuff
sits around for longer than that before it is needed. Think about that for
a moment Lew - don't you have tools or materials that are used less
frequently than 18 months? Throw it away? Hell, there have been periods
when I would have had to throw my table saw away because I had not used it
in 18 months. Does that make any sense?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4fcab72a$0$1294
:

Larry Jaques wrote:

OK, here are a few pics. I don't have the dedicated site up yet.
http://homeandgardenhandyman.com/cncrouter.htm

---------------------------------
If you pick something up that hasn't been used in the last 18 months,
throw it away.

2 years from now, you may be able to see the floor.

Lew

It's a good place to start. Consider all those assorted things you've
kept for a few years because you might need them later. If you haven't
even thought about them for 18 months, you probably won't remember them
when the time comes to use them.

The rule doesn't have to be applied strictly, it's just a good place to
start. The process does work, I've used it.

By the way... If you bought something for a project and didn't use it,
the big box stores will take it back sometimes a year later and give you
credit for it. Tools and "style"-type items (curtains, rugs, etc) you
may not get full credit for, but things like pipe and fittings are common
enough they almost never get clearanced out. Good way to get rid of
something for a project you wound up not doing.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

OK, here are a few pics. I don't have the dedicated site up yet.
http://homeandgardenhandyman.com/cncrouter.htm

---------------------------------
If you pick something up that hasn't been used in the last 18 months,
throw it away.

2 years from now, you may be able to see the floor.

Lew

I have Lew filtered, so I hadn't seen this. For once, though, he's
right. g

It's a good place to start. Consider all those assorted things you've
kept for a few years because you might need them later. If you haven't
even thought about them for 18 months, you probably won't remember them
when the time comes to use them.

I've been in "declutter" mode for about 6 months now, after reading
_Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui_ by Karen Kingston, and I've
offloaded a dozen pickups worth of "stuff" since then. Some went to
the Goodwill, some went to the metal recycler, some to the dump (extra
2/3 of trashcan filled each week for several months), and some to the
local freecycle type of folks. Some is going to Craigslist and eBay.
I'm liking the leaner me. (I've offloaded 22 lbs from myself, too,
and my BP is down 50 points, 122/73 this afternoon.)

The rule doesn't have to be applied strictly, it's just a good place to
start. The process does work, I've used it.

Ayup. I tossed most of my mixed screw/bolt/nail boxes and will buy a
box of each size I need as I need it instead of just buying 3 or 22.
That works great for the fasteners I often need. I found a local bolt
distributor where I got boxes of 5/16" x 1" NC zinc plated bolts,
nuts, washers, lockwashers, and nuts for a total price of $7 and
change, about 18% of the price at a hardware store.

By the way... If you bought something for a project and didn't use it,
the big box stores will take it back sometimes a year later and give you
credit for it. Tools and "style"-type items (curtains, rugs, etc) you
may not get full credit for, but things like pipe and fittings are common
enough they almost never get clearanced out. Good way to get rid of
something for a project you wound up not doing.

I keep all new product unless I got out of that line of work and know
I will never need it. I keep all single (and some dupes) tools, but
get rid of the types I'll never use, the broken ones, and the really
cheap crap that came in a $1 box at a garage sale.

I brought home about 1,000' of 1/8" x 5/8" nylon "tape" from a sale
yesterday, and will keep several 100'+ hanks while giving several
others away. It was used by the Hunter fiber optic/telephone/DSL
people when putting up a new feed in our neighborhood. It was a buck.
It's rated for 1,800 lbs.

Anyway, I can actually see _carpeting_ in several of my rooms
nowadays. heh, heh, heh

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Hell - if I had done that over all of these years, I would have
regretted a lot of things.

-------------------------------------
Really, name 10.
-------------------------------------

I'm not a pack rat, ....

---------------------------

Want to bet?
---------------------------
- a lot of good stuff sits around for longer than that before it is
needed.

-----------------------------
It's all relative.
-----------------------------
Think about that for a moment Lew - don't you have tools or
materials that are used less frequently than 18 months? Throw it
away? Hell, there have been periods when I would have had to throw
my table saw away because I had not used it in 18 months. Does that
make any sense?

--------------------------------
Tools don't count except for cheap throw aways.

I lived for years with a company policy that you cleaned out your
files yearly and threw away anything over one year old.

Engineering documents were exempted.

As the lawyers said, you can't be forced to produce something you
don't have.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:
"Lew wrote in news:4fcab72a$0$1294
:

Larry Jaques wrote:

OK, here are a few pics. I don't have the dedicated site up yet.
http://homeandgardenhandyman.com/cncrouter.htm

---------------------------------
If you pick something up that hasn't been used in the last 18 months,
throw it away.

2 years from now, you may be able to see the floor.

Lew

It's a good place to start. Consider all those assorted things you've
kept for a few years because you might need them later. If you haven't
even thought about them for 18 months, you probably won't remember them
when the time comes to use them.

Oh, I'd remember them, just maybe not where me or my wife last placed
them! : ) I often repeat, if you don't know where it is, you might as
well not have it! And yes, that includes her car keys!

The rule doesn't have to be applied strictly, it's just a good place to
start. The process does work, I've used it.

By the way... If you bought something for a project and didn't use it,
the big box stores will take it back sometimes a year later and give you
credit for it. Tools and "style"-type items (curtains, rugs, etc) you
may not get full credit for, but things like pipe and fittings are common
enough they almost never get clearanced out. Good way to get rid of
something for a project you wound up not doing.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Hell - if I had done that over all of these years, I would have
regretted a lot of things.

-------------------------------------
Really, name 10.
-------------------------------------

10 might be hard for me to come up with off the top of my head, but I can
immediately think of a roll of aluminum tape for use on duct work, a 500 ft
roll of 1/4" nylon rope (which I hate, so I hadn't used it a lot), a roll of
flashing, sheet rock tape, my reloading equipment, a small stock of pressure
treated lumber from dismantling a section of deck after we got rid of our
pool. Those are just some that quickly come to mind that way defy the 18
month suggestion.

I'm not a pack rat, ....

---------------------------

Want to bet?
---------------------------

If I am, I'm probably junior on the scale. When I tackled my work bench
earlier, I decided to do one of those 10 year cleanings. I threw out a
bunch of junk I had been keeping - just in case. Coffee cans full of parts
from door handles, etc. You know - ya never know... Stuff like that. It
was a pretty clean sweep, and all I generated was 3 garbage bags of junk.
They weren't even filled, because they got too heavy to lift without
tearing, before they filled up.

- a lot of good stuff sits around for longer than that before it is
needed.

-----------------------------
It's all relative.
-----------------------------

It's funny - just this weekend we went to my mother's house for our monthly
visit to help her out some, and to visit. Had a small project to do for
her - installing a shutoff valve in the propane line for her kitchen stove.
I hadn't taken any tools with me at all this trip, so I was scrounging
around looking for a couple of things to finish off the job. It was amazing
all of the junk and clutter that I came across looking for a couple of
clamps, and some other things. The winner was this small hammer that was
stuck in a drawer. It was a cheap, all metal hammer. The handle was broken
off, the claws were broken off, and the head was a shattered remnant of what
used to be there. It was rediculous what was left of this hammer. But -
there it was, stuck in the drawer rather than having been thrown out years
ago. Ya never know...

--

-Mike-

Old computer Mice , can switch on hall lights createstuf@googlegroups Metalworking 7 January 26th 11 07:10 AM
Old computer Mice , can switch on hall lights createstuf@googlegroups Metalworking 2 January 23rd 11 03:31 PM
Other advancements were also being made to improve the durability ofthe wristwatch. The faces were replace with ones made of synthetic plastic.This made them much more durable and resistant to breaking and cracking.Another advancement was in the dial wholesale2 Electronics Repair 0 April 19th 08 08:16 PM
what's the best looking piece of art made of wood that you have ever seen? [email protected] Woodworking 11 October 28th 07 11:21 PM
My head is made of wood ! Karl-Hugo Weesberg Woodworking 1 October 23rd 04 04:14 AM