Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What's The Drill Part II

So I got my shiny new DeWalt cordless drill today. Pretty amazing
how far technology has come in just 18 years

One thing I noticed is that the numbers on the torque collar are painted
on and are easily scratched. In fact, one of them was already partly
rubbed off. It's not a big deal, I guess, but I wonder if this is normal
or if I have some factory defect on my hands ...
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2012 5:51 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
So I got my shiny new DeWalt cordless drill today. Pretty amazing
how far technology has come in just 18 years

One thing I noticed is that the numbers on the torque collar are painted
on and are easily scratched. In fact, one of them was already partly
rubbed off. It's not a big deal, I guess, but I wonder if this is normal
or if I have some factory defect on my hands ...

Well, it is possibly an indicator of what to expect or not expect. Did
some one recommend DeWalt?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 05/25/2012 04:37 PM, Leon wrote:
On 5/24/2012 5:51 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
So I got my shiny new DeWalt cordless drill today. Pretty amazing
how far technology has come in just 18 years

One thing I noticed is that the numbers on the torque collar are painted
on and are easily scratched. In fact, one of them was already partly
rubbed off. It's not a big deal, I guess, but I wonder if this is normal
or if I have some factory defect on my hands ...

Well, it is possibly an indicator of what to expect or not expect. Did some one recommend DeWalt?

I have had very good experience with their tools in the past.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/