Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Door between garage and outdoors.

In January, or so, I added to my "To-do list" that I needed to repair
my door that was loose enough that wind would blow it open. The latch
just wasn't long enough. In the meantime, I reinforced it from the
inside so that the door would not open at all, for security.

Now, here in May, I've observed that it works just fine. It locks solid.
T'ain't broke! %-)

One of my ideas is to put a piece of cork (sheeting) under the strike
plate, or maybe something a little more substantial. Anything I can do
that will allow me to build it up now, while still being able to close
the door ought to be a step in the right direction, I think.

Obviously, this is not a "world-beater" problem, and I have mentioned
two strategies that may help deal with it. I am just sharing it because
it has an element of *humor* to it. %-). If anyone has anything to
add, I'll listen of course.

In other news, I finished replacing the fan in my heat-pump. I inserted
the fuse and am letting the crankcase heater run for a while before I
try it out. I needed to extend/splice all of the wires from the motor.
I bought a crimper pliers, and butt spliced the wires, coated the
connections with Liquid (Black) Tape, and put shrink tubing over that.
That ought to take case of those connections, huh? I mean, you
wouldn't expect less from me, would you? ; )

Bill