Posted to rec.woodworking

Default auction gloat

Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly consignment
auction. I know it's not the best ordeal in the world, but it's better
than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly consignment
auction. I know it's not the best ordeal in the world, but it's better
than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

--
Steve Barker

wow, good deal! Saves a lot of mess. I bought a planer one day, dust
collector the next.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/3/2012 10:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly
consignment auction. I know it's not the best ordeal in the world,
but it's better than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

--
Steve Barker

wow, good deal! Saves a lot of mess. I bought a planer one day, dust
collector the next.

Lest everyone forget, the proper response to a gloat is "You suck!"
So, to Steve: That is indeed a gloat. You suck!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve Barker wrote:
Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly consignment
auction. I know it's not the best ordeal in the world, but it's better
than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

Major suckitude, dude...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/3/2012 11:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly consignment
auction. I know it's not the best ordeal in the world, but it's better
than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

--
Steve Barker

wow, good deal! Saves a lot of mess. I bought a planer one day, dust
collector the next.

they practically gave away a couple dewalt planers last night. The two
blade model went for $125 and the three blade like i have went for $215.
The JET brand dust collector brought $200. I also got a no name
tenoning jig for the table saw for $17.50

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/4/2012 10:54 AM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 5/3/2012 10:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly
consignment auction. I know it's not the best ordeal in the world,
but it's better than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

--
Steve Barker

wow, good deal! Saves a lot of mess. I bought a planer one day, dust
collector the next.

Lest everyone forget, the proper response to a gloat is "You suck!"
So, to Steve: That is indeed a gloat. You suck!

/elvis voice on : Thank ya, thank ya very much! /elvis voice off

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/4/2012 8:29 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Thats a good price. Get some 1 micron filters.

On 5/3/2012 11:48 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly consignment
auction. I know it's not the best ordeal in the world, but it's better
than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

yeah i noticed the standard issue for that model was 30 micron. I guess
that'll pass a lot of stuff eh?

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 3, 10:48*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly consignment
auction. *I know it's not the best ordeal in the world, but it's better
than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

--
Steve Barker

Don't berate you deal before you get a chance to use it. I have had
it's 2hp brother for a year or two and I am very happy with it. I
have had very good luck with Grizzly products. And yes, it cleans up
after a planer very well.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

yeah i noticed the standard issue for that model was 30 micron. *I guess
that'll pass a lot of stuff eh?

--
Steve Barker

It'll stop that planer stuff )

I forgot to mention, check out Grizzly for one of the trash can
separator lids. It is one of the best $30 you will ever spend. In
addition to the by-product of keeping hard stuff away from the blower
impeller, you will have to empty the bag about 1/10th the amount of
times. And bag changing is fiddly.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 04 May 2012 11:54:33 -0500, Steve Barker
wrote:

On 5/4/2012 8:29 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Thats a good price. Get some 1 micron filters.

On 5/3/2012 11:48 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly consignment
auction. I know it's not the best ordeal in the world, but it's better
than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

yeah i noticed the standard issue for that model was 30 micron. I guess
that'll pass a lot of stuff eh?

Yes, it'll stop everything larger than your fist. g

Perhaps you'd like to invest in either a felt bag or a cartridge
filter, like an air cleaner on your car/truck.

--
Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right
to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/4/2012 6:28 PM, RonB wrote:

yeah i noticed the standard issue for that model was 30 micron. I guess
that'll pass a lot of stuff eh?

--
Steve Barker

It'll stop that planer stuff )

I forgot to mention, check out Grizzly for one of the trash can
separator lids. It is one of the best $30 you will ever spend. In
addition to the by-product of keeping hard stuff away from the blower
impeller, you will have to empty the bag about 1/10th the amount of
times. And bag changing is fiddly.

RonB

Yes, i'll be looking to do a two stage thing eventually. Space a little
limited right now though.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

There are many aftermarket 1 micron filters available. Both bag and
paper like filter (polyester spun I think) material.

Penn State, probably Grizzly for the filter bags. You need to replace
top and bottom to stop the fine stuff. I would consider just a
contractor plastic bag on the bottom, and a very good 1 micron felt
filter for the top.

I would build my own seperator... See Thien separator.

http://www.cgallery.com/jpthien/cy.htm

You can make one similar for 4" hose.

On 5/4/2012 12:54 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 5/4/2012 8:29 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Thats a good price. Get some 1 micron filters.

On 5/3/2012 11:48 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly consignment
auction. I know it's not the best ordeal in the world, but it's better
than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

yeah i noticed the standard issue for that model was 30 micron. I guess
that'll pass a lot of stuff eh?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

On Fri, 4 May 2012 16:28:29 -0700 (PDT), RonB wrote:

yeah i noticed the standard issue for that model was 30 micron. *I guess
that'll pass a lot of stuff eh?

--
Steve Barker

It'll stop that planer stuff )

I forgot to mention, check out Grizzly for one of the trash can
separator lids. It is one of the best $30 you will ever spend. In
addition to the by-product of keeping hard stuff away from the blower
impeller, you will have to empty the bag about 1/10th the amount of
times. And bag changing is fiddly.

RonB

Let me second this. I'm surprised how rarely I have to dump the filter bag now.
If space is an option, remember you can store metal trash cans outside until
needed. Mine sits on top of a cabinet so I don't lose floor space. Quick
disconnect fittings and flex lines make hookup simple.

If you're going to use it with your TS or a sander, get the set of 1 micron bags
or a cartridge filter as someone else suggested. I have 5 micron bags, and that
really is not fine enough to get the hazardous dust. I have a Jet 1 micron
filter mounted near the ceiling to help clean up what leaks through the bags or
what the DC misses.

Oh, before I forget.. You suck. Congrats on the buy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/4/2012 9:29 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
There are many aftermarket 1 micron filters available. Both bag and
paper like filter (polyester spun I think) material.

Penn State, probably Grizzly for the filter bags. You need to replace
top and bottom to stop the fine stuff. I would consider just a
contractor plastic bag on the bottom, and a very good 1 micron felt
filter for the top.

I would build my own seperator... See Thien separator.

http://www.cgallery.com/jpthien/cy.htm

You can make one similar for 4" hose.

that's pretty cool. I suspect the search for an open topped 55 gal drum
is in order now. G

--
Steve Barker

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/3/2012 8:48 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly consignment
auction. I know it's not the best ordeal in the world, but it's better
than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

Add a trash can cyclone and you will have a nice little system.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2012/Main/202

Great deal...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/4/2012 9:54 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

yeah i noticed the standard issue for that model was 30 micron. I guess
that'll pass a lot of stuff eh?

Not a problem...call these guys.

http://www.americanfabricfilter.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/5/2012 8:02 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

that's pretty cool. I suspect the search for an open topped 55 gal drum
is in order now.

Get one you can pick up...

http://www.uline.com/BL_8151/Fiber-D...eywords=barrel

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/7/2012 10:13 AM, Pat Barber wrote:
On 5/4/2012 9:54 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

yeah i noticed the standard issue for that model was 30 micron. I guess
that'll pass a lot of stuff eh?

Not a problem...call these guys.

http://www.americanfabricfilter.com/

thanks for the link!

--
Steve Barker

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Pat Barber wrote in :

On 5/3/2012 8:48 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
Got this grizzly unit tonight for $45 at the local monthly consignment
auction. I know it's not the best ordeal in the world, but it's better
than blowing it on the driveway from the planer.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP...ollector/G8027

Add a trash can cyclone and you will have a nice little system.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2012/Main/202

Great deal...

http://www.amazon.com/Woodstock-W2049-2-Stage-Cyclone-
Separator/dp/B0000223XZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336421662&sr=8-1

$22.04 No shipping charges if you have prime

--
Best regards
Han