Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sanding 2 Part Epoxy Resin

I made a table filled with bottle caps. Finished pouring the resin over all of them and it looked beautiful. Come to find out, 24 hours later, there are 2 areas where the epoxy remained uncured, which means the batch was not mixed properly. I scraped off as much as possible and just poured a new layer over it.

Problem is, the coating is now uneven due to laying another coat only on the sticky parts. Once it dries, can I sand it even and progressively get higher until I reach 1000 grit. Then buff and polish it to glass again? I just don't want to lose the clarity of the product.

Removing epoxy resin from a PCB Dave Plowman (News) Electronics Repair 11 April 30th 09 10:43 AM
Fun with epoxy resin Matty F UK diy 32 March 15th 09 05:40 AM
Epoxy Resin [email protected] UK diy 27 February 24th 09 08:52 PM
Epoxy Resin Dyes Zen83237 UK diy 8 February 29th 08 08:55 AM
Epoxy Resin Mortar Andy Hall UK diy 27 July 24th 06 05:28 PM