Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sanding 2 Part Epoxy Resin

wrote:
I made a table filled with bottle caps. Finished pouring the resin
over all of them and it looked beautiful. Come to find out, 24 hours
later, there are 2 areas where the epoxy remained uncured, which
means the batch was not mixed properly. I scraped off as much as
possible and just poured a new layer over it.

Problem is, the coating is now uneven due to laying another coat only
on the sticky parts. Once it dries, can I sand it even and
progressively get higher until I reach 1000 grit. Then buff and
polish it to glass again? I just don't want to lose the clarity of
the product.

Yes. You may want to go higher than 1000 grit though. Common automotive
buffing compounds will generally buff out 1500 grit scratches. You can buff
out 1000 grit, but it takes a lot more effort. You might want to go up to
2000 grit before buffing - it'll just make life easier for you.

--

-Mike-