Posted to rec.woodworking

Default This blade looks very useful

8" diameter, 1/4" kerf, flat top grind....

http://www.infinitytools.com/Flat-Bo...products/1484/

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/te...odwor king%29

Posted to rec.woodworking

You always have the freud box joint set too. allows 1/4 and 3/8.
2 blades.
http://www.freudtools.com/p-316-box-...utter-set.aspx

8" diameter, 1/4" kerf, flat top grind....

http://www.infinitytools.com/Flat-Bo...products/1484/

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/te...odwor king%29

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/7/2012 11:12 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
You always have the freud box joint set too. allows 1/4 and 3/8.
2 blades.
http://www.freudtools.com/p-316-box-...utter-set.aspx

8" diameter, 1/4" kerf, flat top grind....

http://www.infinitytools.com/Flat-Bo...products/1484/

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/te...odwor king%29

FWIW if you have an extra blade you can have Forrest put on a flat grind
when resharpening.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 4/7/2012 11:12 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
You always have the freud box joint set too. allows 1/4 and 3/8.
2 blades.
http://www.freudtools.com/p-316-box-...utter-set.aspx

8" diameter, 1/4" kerf, flat top grind....

http://www.infinitytools.com/Flat-Bo...products/1484/

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/te...odwor king%29

FWIW if you have an extra blade you can have Forrest put on a flat grind
when resharpening.

What makes it attractive to me is the fixed 1/4" width... a dimension that
seems to come up regularly with it comes to frame and panel, tenons, box
joints, etc. No "two cuts" and no setting up a dado blade that doesn't do
end grain well and doesn't leave a truly flat bottom.... I'll leave it on my
wish list in case someone needs to buy me a gift. ;~)

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 08:19:15 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/7/2012 11:12 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
You always have the freud box joint set too. allows 1/4 and 3/8.
2 blades.
http://www.freudtools.com/p-316-box-...utter-set.aspx

8" diameter, 1/4" kerf, flat top grind....

http://www.infinitytools.com/Flat-Bo...products/1484/

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/te...odwor king%29

FWIW if you have an extra blade you can have Forrest put on a flat grind
when resharpening.

That wouldn't let you hog off 1/4" in one pass, however.

And FWIW Forrest will also sell you a box joint type pair just like
the Freud, that will do a 1/4" kerf or a 3/8" kerf, with expected
price markup over the Freud.

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Well in all actuality 1/4" is way too wide for frame and panel doors.
You do not often find plywood that is actually 1/4" thick.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have a FWII blade and it is IMHO the best blade I have.
I also have a Freud Diablo, that was in my Miter saw a NICE blade.
I have a Ridge dado blade Nice...

I have a Crapsman rip blade ok..

I have a bunch of other blades not worth mentioning.

I think the Forrest is worth the money... it's not just a price markup.
I believe the Forrest is T4 carbide.. harder and finer than others. And
they excel at leaving a smooth cut.

But for a blade that might be used infrequently, I might be tempted to
try the Freud, or for about the same price if I only did 1/4" box
joints. I might try the Infinity.

I like what I saw in the video relative to using it for a tenon cutter.
But do I find it necessary. No, I use a plane to cleanup my tenon
shoulders. But it is nice, and might eliminate the need.

wrote:

On 4/7/2012 11:12 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
You always have the freud box joint set too. allows 1/4 and 3/8.
2 blades.
http://www.freudtools.com/p-316-box-...utter-set.aspx

8" diameter, 1/4" kerf, flat top grind....

http://www.infinitytools.com/Flat-Bo...products/1484/

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/te...odwor king%29

FWIW if you have an extra blade you can have Forrest put on a flat grind
when resharpening.

That wouldn't let you hog off 1/4" in one pass, however.

And FWIW Forrest will also sell you a box joint type pair just like
the Freud, that will do a 1/4" kerf or a 3/8" kerf, with expected
price markup over the Freud.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message

What makes it attractive to me is the fixed 1/4" width... a dimension
that seems to come up regularly with it comes to frame and panel,
tenons, box joints, etc. No "two cuts" and no setting up a dado blade
that doesn't do end grain well and doesn't leave a truly flat bottom....
I'll leave it on my wish list in case someone needs to buy me a gift. ;~)

John

Well in all actuality 1/4" is way too wide for frame and panel doors. You
do not often find plywood that is actually 1/4" thick.

True if you use plywood.... not so much if you make panels from solid wood
where you have control over such things!

John