Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Newbie, so be nice .........

I am making a work bench backboard. I want to make some 1 x 4 (or whatever)
racks for screwdrivers, etc, for fast easy grabbing and keeping things
organized. (Something I've been wanting to do once I get my procrastination
under control ............) But, some things, like pliers and chisels and
****'s don't have a round shaft. I need to have some slots, like would be
made by three or more holes in a row. Or a routed slot.

Is there a wood bit made for side cutting specifically? Drill three holes,
then use the side cutting edges to round out? Or should I set up my router
with a fence and stops to cut the slots, then use a rounding bit with guide
shaft to make a nice rounded shouldered hole? More work, but fun stuff that
I like to do, and the results are worth it, IMHO.

I don't need it to look like Grandma's black cherry hutch, but I'd sure like
it to look nice like it wasn't made with a rusty chisel and warped sawzall.

I do welding, so can easily make some ornamental metal brackets to go with
the wood pieces.

Other ideas for tool organizers for the wall or pegboard? I got a ton of
crap I need to mount so I can find it when needed.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve B" wrote in
:

[...]

For slotted holes, I'd probably make a simple router jig and just cut
them with the router. If you don't mind having to watch the start and
stop lines closely, all you need is a simple piece of wood for the
bearing/collar to ride against. Another one would be a good idea to give
the router support. Two pieces at a right angle would provide a positive
stop for the end of the hole (which is the part I find most difficult).

I went with slatwall for part of my tool organization. The slat wall
itself isn't all that cheap, but it isn't all that expensive either.
Menards carries it for around $40 a sheet. The hooks are available in
large quantities cheaply, especially the single hooks. I got a box of 96
for around $35.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve B wrote:
I am making a work bench backboard. I want to make some 1 x 4 (or whatever)
racks for screwdrivers, etc, for fast easy grabbing and keeping things
organized. (Something I've been wanting to do once I get my procrastination
under control ............) But, some things, like pliers and chisels and
****'s don't have a round shaft. I need to have some slots, like would be
made by three or more holes in a row. Or a routed slot.

Is there a wood bit made for side cutting specifically? Drill three holes,
then use the side cutting edges to round out? Or should I set up my router
with a fence and stops to cut the slots, then use a rounding bit with guide
shaft to make a nice rounded shouldered hole?

Maybe a rasp and/or file will be adequate?

Or maybe a mortiser (j/k)!

The materials for this job are cheap. If you are not satisfied with the
way it comes out the first time, do it the hard way.

Bill

More work, but fun stuff that
I like to do, and the results are worth it, IMHO.

I don't need it to look like Grandma's black cherry hutch, but I'd sure like
it to look nice like it wasn't made with a rusty chisel and warped sawzall.

I do welding, so can easily make some ornamental metal brackets to go with
the wood pieces.

Other ideas for tool organizers for the wall or pegboard? I got a ton of
crap I need to mount so I can find it when needed.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve B wrote:
[...]

snip 8

If you want slots, you could rip off 1/2 inch from the front of the
board, cut out the slots with a jig saw or bandsaw then glue the front
back on.

--
Gerald Ross

Every vision has an equal and opposite
revision.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Steve B wrote:
Other ideas for tool organizers for the wall or pegboard? I got a ton
of crap I need to mount so I can find it when needed.

I use spring clips like these

http://uk.farnell.com/terry-tool/80-...6mm/dp/1552138

Some stuff sits/hangs on nails, screws or dowels.

For my mallet, for example, I drilled two 1/2" holes just a bit further
apart than the thickness the the handle and put in two dowels long enough
to support the head.

My pliers and cutters just sit astride a single screw.

"G" cramps can also be hung on long dowels.

Some rather hastily taken photos, some tools are absent - "on site"
elsewhere in the house.

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/m...or/Tool_board/

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/18/2012 11:40 PM, Steve B wrote:
[...]

I don't know what others may say, but as for me the cost of custom
hangers is not justified. You can go down to the local hardware or big
box store and buy all of the pegboard hangers you would want for about
40 dollars.

While you may say 40 dollars is a lot, the materials and time you spend
on making the fittings is much more that the 40 dollars.

To answer you question you are looking for a spiral cut bit. With this
bit you can make all kinds of neat side ways cuts. While they are
available for standard routers, they are also available for the Dremmel
which is easier to control for detail.

Looking at what I originally said you could buy a Dremmel and the spiral
cutting bit and happily making neat cuts until you ran out of stuff to cut.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/18/2012 10:40 PM, Steve B wrote:

Other ideas for tool organizers for the wall or pegboard? I got a ton of
crap I need to mount so I can find it when needed.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Ok, just my preference. I don't like pegboard. I actually prefer
to just use nails. They can be driven in and removed as needed.
They might not look all that fancy, but I will take functionality
and convenience any day.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 10:06 AM, Bill Gill wrote:
On 3/18/2012 10:40 PM, Steve B wrote:

Other ideas for tool organizers for the wall or pegboard? I got a ton of
crap I need to mount so I can find it when needed.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Ok, just my preference. I don't like pegboard. I actually prefer
to just use nails. They can be driven in and removed as needed.
They might not look all that fancy, but I will take functionality
and convenience any day.

Bill

I generally prefer drywall screws, which can (more easily) be added and
removed, without knocking off any of the tools that are already hanging.
When I have a tool that might be damaged by the threads, I cut a piece
of thin metal tubing (whose diameter is slightly smaller than the head
of a drywall screw) to act as a metal "dowel". I hold that into the
board with a screw, and sometimes a washer to keep the tool from falling
off. I used a piece of larger (plumbing) tubing with a really large
washer on the the end to hold a bench plane on the board. (it's held by
its handle)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill Gill" wrote

Ok, just my preference. I don't like pegboard. I actually prefer
to just use nails. They can be driven in and removed as needed.
They might not look all that fancy, but I will take functionality
and convenience any day.

Same here. I have tried to use pegboard in a number of shops. Same thing
each time. It became a big dust magnet. And the pegs only held up things
that were a certain size and weight. Any thing that was a little irregular
or heavy, the pegs did not do that great of a job. And the pegs often fell
out when lifting the tool of of it. And if you do use pegboard, go to the
thicker stuff. The thin stuff warps and tears out.

The only place where I found pegboard to work well was on an electronics
bench. I built two of those. I could hang all kinds of small tools up and
did not have to worry about dust. It worked well in that application. Any
dust there was easily vacuumed out with a small hand vacuum.

If I need to hang a bunch of tools, I will just use nails. And if I need a
stronger surface to nail into, I just put up some pine boards and screw it
into a stud. I can even use some kind of screw in hook on the pine.
Allowing me to hang something quite heavy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/18/2012 11:40 PM, Steve B wrote:
I am making a work bench backboard. I want to make some 1 x 4 (or whatever)
racks for screwdrivers, etc, for fast easy grabbing and keeping things
organized. (Something I've been wanting to do once I get my procrastination
under control ............) But, some things, like pliers and chisels and
****'s don't have a round shaft. I need to have some slots, like would be
made by three or more holes in a row. Or a routed slot.

Here is a pic of my workbench back board that is made of 1 x4 or close
to that:

http://jbstein.com/Flick/BenchBack.jpg

The bench is about 8' long and has lots of holes for screwdrivers and
what not. I would not use it for roomy things like pliers.

My garage already had 1/4" pegboard on two walls, and that holds a ton
of stuff. For pliers, chisels, C-clamps etc. You can easily make your
own pegboard racks with scrap wood. Here is a Woodsmith link for some
ideas, I made both the chisel rack, the c-clamp rack and they are great.

http://www.woodsmithshop.com/downloa...gboardrack.pdf

Regular pegs for peg board are not so hot as they fall out easily, but
they make a variety of styles that do not pull out. Peg board is ideal
for this task as it is both functional and flexible.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Is there a wood bit made for side cutting specifically? Drill three holes,
then use the side cutting edges to round out? Or should I set up my router
with a fence and stops to cut the slots, then use a rounding bit with guide
shaft to make a nice rounded shouldered hole? More work, but fun stuff that
I like to do, and the results are worth it, IMHO.

I don't need it to look like Grandma's black cherry hutch, but I'd sure like
it to look nice like it wasn't made with a rusty chisel and warped sawzall.

I do welding, so can easily make some ornamental metal brackets to go with
the wood pieces.

Other ideas for tool organizers for the wall or pegboard? I got a ton of
crap I need to mount so I can find it when needed.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 19, 10:06*am, Bill Gill wrote:
On 3/18/2012 10:40 PM, Steve B wrote:

Other ideas for tool organizers for the wall or pegboard? *I got a ton of
crap I need to mount so I can find it when needed.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Ok, just my preference. *I don't like pegboard. *I actually prefer
to just use nails. *They can be driven in and removed as needed.
They might not look all that fancy, but I will take functionality
and convenience any day.

Bill

I thoroughly dislike pegboard. It's awful stuff.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 10:58 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I thoroughly dislike pegboard. It's awful stuff.

I use Alligator Board (metal "pegboard") ... advantages of pegboard,
without most of the hassle, like accessories/hangers that screw in, so
they don't move.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...96966540508658

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote

I went with slatwall for part of my tool organization. The slat wall
itself isn't all that cheap, but it isn't all that expensive either.
Menards carries it for around $40 a sheet. The hooks are available in
large quantities cheaply, especially the single hooks. I got a box of 96
for around $35.

Puckdropper

I used to work conventions in Las Vegas. We got all the slatwall and
gridwall we could take home after some conventions. Ah, wish I had taken
more, but at the time, I was elbow deep in it, and thought I'd never use
what I did have.

Handy stuff.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/12 11:58 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 19, 10:06 am, Bill wrote:
On 3/18/2012 10:40 PM, Steve B wrote:

Other ideas for tool organizers for the wall or pegboard? I got a ton of
crap I need to mount so I can find it when needed.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Ok, just my preference. I don't like pegboard. I actually prefer
to just use nails. They can be driven in and removed as needed.
They might not look all that fancy, but I will take functionality
and convenience any day.

Bill

I thoroughly dislike pegboard. It's awful stuff.

I'm in that ship. You definitely have to tie down the pegs to the board
so they don't fall off every time you take a tool off the wall. And it
seems like every time you go to lift a peg off the board, there's
something in the way above it, keeping it from lifting up enough to come
off.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 12:07 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/19/2012 10:58 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I thoroughly dislike pegboard. It's awful stuff.

I use Alligator Board (metal "pegboard") ... advantages of pegboard,
without most of the hassle, like accessories/hangers that screw in, so
they don't move.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...96966540508658

what are the dimensions of your shop? I am eventually gonna setup a
space inside my 30x40 storage barn and am thinking of a 1/4 of it in a
corner. 15x20. Is this space you're setup in bigger than that?

--
Steve Barker

Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

For pliers ect. I stretch a coor closeing spring sideways, and with a center
hook for support, has worked for me for 40 yrs.

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve B" writes:
I am making a work bench backboard. I want to make some 1 x 4 (or whatever)
racks for screwdrivers, etc, for fast easy grabbing and keeping things
organized. (Something I've been wanting to do once I get my procrastination
under control ............) But, some things, like pliers and chisels and
****'s don't have a round shaft. I need to have some slots, like would be
made by three or more holes in a row. Or a routed slot.

make the board wider than necessary to start, drill the appropriately sized
holes, then rip the board to open up the holes as required.

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...dShopRetrofit2...

what are the dimensions of your shop? *I am eventually gonna setup a
space inside my 30x40 storage barn and am thinking of a 1/4 of it in a
corner. *15x20. *Is this space you're setup in bigger than that?

--
Steve Barker

Steve, that area of Karl's shop is just for picture taking. There's
never any sawdust, scattered about, to show that he actually does any
woodworking.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sonny" wrote

Steve, that area of Karl's shop is just for picture taking. There's
never any sawdust, scattered about, to show that he actually does any
woodworking.

An armchair woodworker, eh? I have a hard time seeing that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 11:36 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 3/19/2012 12:07 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/19/2012 10:58 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I thoroughly dislike pegboard. It's awful stuff.

I use Alligator Board (metal "pegboard") ... advantages of pegboard,
without most of the hassle, like accessories/hangers that screw in, so
they don't move.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...96966540508658

what are the dimensions of your shop? I am eventually gonna setup a
space inside my 30x40 storage barn and am thinking of a 1/4 of it in a
corner. 15x20. Is this space you're setup in bigger than that?

The building itself is 18 x 18 ... much too small for a woodshop ... at
least much too small for what I do in, and to, a woodshop.

Those pictures are of moving back into that space after it was
retrofitted, and after being in a bigger shop for a few years, not an
experience I would wish on anyone.

That said, if you don't mind banging your shins, pipe clamps gashing
your forehead, and ripping your pants on every projection while going
from point a to b, you can still get a lot done in smaller.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 12:36 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 3/19/2012 12:07 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/19/2012 10:58 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I thoroughly dislike pegboard. It's awful stuff.

I use Alligator Board (metal "pegboard") ... advantages of pegboard,
without most of the hassle, like accessories/hangers that screw in, so
they don't move.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...96966540508658

what are the dimensions of your shop? I am eventually gonna setup a
space inside my 30x40 storage barn and am thinking of a 1/4 of it in a
corner. 15x20. Is this space you're setup in bigger than that?

IIRC Swingman is squeezed into about a 1.75 car garage. I recently went
from a 2 car to 3 car garage, approximately 600 sq ft. My shop is not
relatively easy to work in. Take in mind the size of your shop is
dependent on the amount of equipment you have and most importantly how
much and how big your projects are. I can just now comfortably build a
large piece of furniture and or large sections of furniture and still
have room to move around. I hope I never have to go smaller.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 19, 10:06 am, Bill wrote:
[...]

I am going to these, put them anywhere and put most anything on them.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...15&cat=1,43326
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve B" wrote in message ...
[...]

To directly answer your question (Gasp! What a concept around here), yes,
it's called a drill saw.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_299830-67702...ductId=1208829
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...set-42804.html

I use these for the majority of my screwdrivers, pliers, etc. I got mine at HF
for much less but I don't see them on their website right now.
http://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-8024.../dp/B00002N7NI
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 2:30 PM, Sonny wrote:

Steve, that area of Karl's shop is just for picture taking. There's
never any sawdust, scattered about, to show that he actually does any
woodworking.

The true measure of the amount of woodworking that goes on around here
can best be dipsticked by the dozen or so, sweat encrusted t-shirts that
go through the laundry every week ... which is also strangely
proportional to the bank account balance at any given time ... mostly
anyway.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 19, 10:06 am, Bill wrote:
[...]

Every time I've ever moved shops, I swore I would not use pegboard
again. That sentiment has never lasted past the first day. It's just too
fast and easy for some things.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 3:03 PM, Leon wrote:

IIRC Swingman is squeezed into about a 1.75 car garage.

In practice, more like 1(Morris Minor).75(bicycle) garage.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 3:06 PM, Leon wrote:

I am going to these, put them anywhere and put most anything on them.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...15&cat=1,43326

Yeah, buddy! You like mine, eh?

I have four of them. Just don't put a table saw blade on one ... it'll
take two hands, and a crowbar, to get it off.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 3:02 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/19/2012 11:36 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

what are the dimensions of your shop? I am eventually gonna setup a
space inside my 30x40 storage barn and am thinking of a 1/4 of it in a
corner. 15x20. Is this space you're setup in bigger than that?

The building itself is 18 x 18 ... much too small for a woodshop ... at
least much too small for what I do in, and to, a woodshop.

Those pictures are of moving back into that space after it was
retrofitted, and after being in a bigger shop for a few years, not an
experience I would wish on anyone.

That said, if you don't mind banging your shins, pipe clamps gashing
your forehead, and ripping your pants on every projection while going
from point a to b, you can still get a lot done in smaller.

This photo, and the next six, are what a small shop looks like today,
just after being cleaned up from a big desk project last week, and on
the tail end of the bits and pieces of a kitchen remodel over the weekend:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...27528280404290

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 5:17 PM, Swingman wrote:
[...]

cool. thanks for the answers and pictures. Is that TS fence solely
supported from the one end?

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:58:37 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Mar 19, 10:06*am, Bill Gill wrote:
On 3/18/2012 10:40 PM, Steve B wrote:

Other ideas for tool organizers for the wall or pegboard? *I got a ton of
crap I need to mount so I can find it when needed.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Ok, just my preference. *I don't like pegboard. *I actually prefer
to just use nails. *They can be driven in and removed as needed.
They might not look all that fancy, but I will take functionality
and convenience any day.

I thoroughly dislike pegboard. It's awful stuff.

Ditto. The pegs always come out when you remove a tool, spiders get
behind them, they look ugly, they break easily, etc.

And they're soooooo '40s!

--
When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember
and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 19, 10:06 am, Bill wrote:
[...]

I tried magnets and dropped them very quickly. I do metalworking, too,
so little pieces of sharp swarf covered all my tools quickly since
they were magnetized by the action of storing them on magnetic strips.
NO MO! It didn't matter how well I cleaned, the magnets found the
missing bits and they bit me.

--
When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember
and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire.
-- Whoopi Goldberg
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 4:43 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
[...]

Yep ... that's the way the Delta UniFence is designed. This one has an
additional after-market "fence" that makes it similar to the Bei in jig
versatility.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 5:35 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

And they're soooooo '40s!

Hell, so am I.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

Ditto. The pegs always come out when you remove a tool, spiders get
behind them, they look ugly, they break easily, etc.

And they're soooooo '40s!

It's cheap at around $10 a sheet, easy to cut to size, deceptively useful,
easily adjustable, and the hooks are available cheaply. Better hooks are
available, but they cost a lot more.

For those reasons, I've been thinking of putting some up in the area I work
on my trains. I might be better served by using only a little pegboard and
filling the rest of the space with narrow shelves and lots of bins.
(Athearn Bluebox boxes.)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

On 3/19/2012 4:43 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

cool. thanks for the answers and pictures. Is that TS fence solely
supported from the one end?

Yep ... that's the way the Delta UniFence is designed. This one has an
additional after-market "fence" that makes it similar to the Bei in jig
versatility.

www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

Where did you get the "aftermarket fence"?
I want one. ;-)

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 6:22 PM, Max wrote:

"Swingman" wrote
On 3/19/2012 4:43 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

cool. thanks for the answers and pictures. Is that TS fence solely
supported from the one end?

Yep ... that's the way the Delta UniFence is designed. This one has an
additional after-market "fence" that makes it similar to the Bei in
jig versatility.

www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

Where did you get the "aftermarket fence"?
I want one. ;-)

It's called the "Uni-T-Fence Table Saw Fence":

http://www.ttrackusa.com/unifence.htm

I've had mine about ten years and would replace it in a heartbeat.

It is drop dead easy to change between it and the OEM fence, and is
arguably more jig friendly than the Beis, particularly when mounting
sacrificial fences, which is something I do quite often when dadoing end
panels in cabinets.

Absolutely one of the best $100 investments I've made in versatile
woodworking components.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 8:17 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/19/2012 6:22 PM, Max wrote:

"Swingman" wrote
[...]

I have the same rig and it's very nice indeed.

I see that with the new Unisaws Delta has decided to stop offering the
Unifence. A damn shame if you ask me.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2012 6:22 PM, Max wrote:

Where did you get the "aftermarket fence"?
I want one. ;-)

It's called the "Uni-T-Fence Table Saw Fence":

http://www.ttrackusa.com/unifence.htm

I have the same rig and it's very nice indeed.

I see that with the new Unisaws Delta has decided to stop offering the
Unifence. A damn shame if you ask me.

MBA's strike again ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

It's called the "Uni-T-Fence Table Saw Fence":

http://www.ttrackusa.com/unifence.htm

I've had mine about ten years and would replace it in a heartbeat.

It is drop dead easy to change between it and the OEM fence, and is
arguably more jig friendly than the Beis, particularly when mounting
sacrificial fences, which is something I do quite often when dadoing end
panels in cabinets.

Absolutely one of the best $100 investments I've made in versatile
woodworking components.

www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

Super!! I will order one tomorrow.
Many thanks, Maestro

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill Gill wrote:

Ok, just my preference. I don't like pegboard. I actually prefer
to just use nails. They can be driven in and removed as needed.
They might not look all that fancy, but I will take functionality
and convenience any day.

You are absolutyl right - just preference. And that's all I am expressing
as well. For me - I certainly prefer pegboard. For all the reasons you
just listed. I can move things around as needed, with ease. I really do
agree - it's a preference thing, but I do like peg board. So much more area
to hang stuff on than just relying on where studs are.

--

-Mike-

nice [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 January 20th 08 02:07 AM
nice [email protected] Metalworking 0 January 20th 08 02:05 AM
nice [email protected] Metalworking 0 January 17th 08 01:44 AM
nice day [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 11th 07 03:00 PM