Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bench grinder recommendations

Looking for a bench grinder for my lathe tools. No Tormek in my budget,
alas. Thinking of your run of the mill big box offering like Ryobi. 8"
or is 6" adequate? How much HP? Wheel grit? Anything else I should
look for? Any specific recommendations?

BTW ... a couple of years ago I bought a water wheel from HF in
anticipation of future use. It's kind of a Tormek look-alike, but
plastic. Unpacked it tonight and the arbor is too short to securely
affix the wheel. Laughed out load and said thank you for the HF return
policy. It's going back tomorrow.

Larry