Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The three contractors O/T

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at an Ottawa government
owned house:

One is from Vancouver , another is from Toronto and the third, is from St.
John's, NFLD .

All three go with a Government official to examine the fence.

The Vancouver contractor takes out a tape measure and does some
measuring,
then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job
will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit
for me."

The Toronto contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I
can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100
profit for me.
"The NFLD contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the
government official and whispers, "$2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other
guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?" The NFLD contractor
whispers back, "$1,000 for me, $1,000 for you, and we hire the guy from
Toronto to fix the fence."

"Done!" replies the government official.

And that, my friends, is how government contracting works !

And it's the same which ever country or state you may be in.

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 12, 1:12*pm, Stuart wrote:
[...]

This is where the story falls apart. The government official would
have replied: "Make that $1500 for me and I won't have you charged
with attempted bribery."

* And that, my friends, is how government contracting works !

And it's the same which ever country or state you may be in.

Indeed.