Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CNC Antics.... (for those who have an interest in this sorta thang.)

My cnc suffered a complex fault which now has been resolved. That's
one of the downsides of using tools that have 'operating systems' and
'software'. A simple tweak/adjustment doesn't do much when one doesn't
have a clue.
Then there is the silver lining... it gave me an opportunity to bring
everything up-to-date and make some adjustments.
I learned about 'ramping' (term is applied in many ways, but I talk
about it here in one way specifically.)
It's that little adjustment that gives the cutter a little extra oomph
when entering a cut. All that sort of stuff has been tweaked and
tuned.
The Beast is so much smoother now... no more burnt edges on those odd
occasions when cutting cross-grain.
I am really starting to appreciate the 'instrument' part of this
machine. I think I finally have this thing where I want it.

The big up-side, is that due to my illness, I'm not taking on any
large projects, so I am finally back to enjoying my challenges.
Other than that minor medical issue.... life is just frikkin'
awesome.... and don't call me Chemosabe...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/31/2012 5:14 PM, Robatoy wrote:
[...]

Cool! Some times it is just nice to do things for your self.
Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Sometime you just gotta get back on track. Took the last two weeks of
2011 and just puttered around in the shop, playing with things, and
doing stuff I wanted to do for a change.

It's good for you, in more ways than one ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

The big up-side, is that due to my illness, I'm not taking on any
large projects, so I am finally back to enjoying my challenges.
Other than that minor medical issue.... life is just frikkin'
awesome.... and don't call me Chemosabe...

-------------------------
Guess I missed your medical issue.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Robatoy wrote in news:5fe29d10-27ac-471e-b796-
:

[...]

It's great that you are not - um - goed dat je niet aan 't kankeren
bent!!

I am so happy that you are doing well, Rob, and do tell Angela what I
said ...

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Piddling around in the shop - it's good for the soul! Glad to hear you're
getting back to it. Enjoy!

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:14:13 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

[...]

Sorry to hear you were down, but sometimes the refocus is very good
for the health and well being, as well as focus.

Mike m
Posted to rec.woodworking

I think my main "operating systems" is sharp blades/tools. There are
times when being in the shop is almost blah (rainy day maybe), though
I wouldn't want to be somewhere else. Rather than work on a project,
I use the time to sharpen things. Seems, next work event always goes
much smoother.

Hope you're feeling better, soon.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 31, 8:57*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote:
The big up-side, is that due to my illness, I'm not taking on any
large projects, so I am finally back to enjoying my challenges.
Other than that minor medical issue.... life is just frikkin'
awesome.... and don't call me Chemosabe...

-------------------------
Guess I missed your medical issue.

Lew

Stage 4 lung cancer. The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will
be in remission by May 3rd. *S*
What's saving my ass so far is that everything else is a 100% healthy
condition so kidneys and liver are processing those nasty chemo drugs
just fine. As doc said: "you got the bloodwork make-up of a 28-year
old."

I feel great.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:01:39 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Stage 4 lung cancer. The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will
be in remission by May 3rd. *S*
What's saving my ass so far is that everything else is a 100% healthy
condition so kidneys and liver are processing those nasty chemo drugs
just fine. As doc said: "you got the bloodwork make-up of a 28-year
old."

I feel great.

My wife and I will keep you in our prayers. She's beat it twice.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:
The big up-side, is that due to my illness, I'm not taking on any
large projects, so I am finally back to enjoying my challenges.
Other than that minor medical issue.... life is just frikkin'
awesome.... and don't call me Chemosabe...

-------------------------
Guess I missed your medical issue.

Lew

Stage 4 lung cancer. The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will
be in remission by May 3rd. *S*
What's saving my ass so far is that everything else is a 100% healthy
condition so kidneys and liver are processing those nasty chemo drugs
just fine. As doc said: "you got the bloodwork make-up of a 28-year
old."

I feel great.

Wow, all the best in beating that ****.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:01:39 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
Stage 4 lung cancer. The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will
be in remission by May 3rd. *S*

Good for you. Just one thing. If it's possible you might not be around
in the foreseeable future, you need to come down and visit me at least
once before your tentative demise. I'll toss in a Keg dinner and that
beer I owe you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Holy ****e, Batman! Condolences.

The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will
be in remission by May 3rd. *S*

Morning or afternoon?

What's saving my ass so far is that everything else is a 100% healthy
condition so kidneys and liver are processing those nasty chemo drugs
just fine. As doc said: "you got the bloodwork make-up of a 28-year
old."

Young punk.

I feel great.

GOOD! Keep up the PMA, sir. Best wishes on beating it quickly and
thoroughly.

xox

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

Stage 4 lung cancer. The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will

be in remission by May 3rd. *S*
What's saving my ass so far is that everything else is a 100% healthy
condition so kidneys and liver are processing those nasty chemo drugs
just fine. As doc said: "you got the bloodwork make-up of a 28-year
old."

I feel great.
-----------------------------------
Illegitimatmus non carbrundi.

Were you a smoker?

How did they find it in the first place?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 1, 8:54*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
*"Robatoy" wrote:
Stage 4 lung cancer. The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will

be in remission by May 3rd. *S*
What's saving my ass so far is that everything else is a 100% healthy
condition so kidneys and liver are processing those nasty chemo drugs
just fine. As doc said: "you got the bloodwork make-up of a 28-year
old."

I feel great.
-----------------------------------
Illegitimatmus non carbrundi.

Were you a smoker?

How did they find it in the first place?

Lew

Sudden weight loss, pains in my side (I used to write those off as a
side-effect from heavy quartz countertops), then sudden loss of
appetite.
I smoked pack pack-half a day up till 12 years ago. Then tapered off
to only a couple of smokes per day, then quit 100% 10 years ago.... NO
violations since.

One thing I did not expect is the magnificent condition my liver is
in. *VBS*
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 1, 7:45*pm, Dave wrote:
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:01:39 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Stage 4 lung cancer. The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will
be in remission by May 3rd. *S*

Good for you. Just one thing. If it's possible you might not be around
in the foreseeable future, you need to come down and visit me at least
once before your tentative demise. I'll toss in a Keg dinner and that
beer I owe you.

A whole keg? That's going to take some work. Then again, not doing
much else.... ( I know, I know Keg Restaurants...excellent steaks.)
I also have no plans on leaving this planet for at least another 10
years.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:
[...]

And here I thought you read Facebook where this medical problem of
mine has been beaten to death over the last month or so.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:01:39 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Stage 4 lung cancer. The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will
be in remission by May 3rd. *S*
What's saving my ass so far is that everything else is a 100% healthy
condition so kidneys and liver are processing those nasty chemo drugs
just fine. As doc said: "you got the bloodwork make-up of a 28-year
old."

I feel great.

Wow, that strikes close to home. My brother is dying of lung disease now
and won't last another month. Get healthy guy, we miss ya.

And for some reason, Robatoy's posts have been filtered out of my newsreader
for at least six month now. Nothing I do seems to help. Apparently he
****ed off somebody big time. (Or I did.)

In any case, it is time to do some good livin'. Count your blessings and
fight the good fight.

I am the oldest one of my siblings. One brother is already gone, another
will be gone soon and my mom passed a week ago. Her funeral was on Sunday.
My father went a few years ago. I am feeling very mortal and scrutinize any
kind of medical issue very closely. (Responsible Paranoia!)

That CNC machine can be put to work to make some new body parts! A whole
sideline! Keep your chin up dude. Don't let the *******s win.

And if Rob answers me, could somebody answer it so I could see it. After
all, the internet Gods don't want us talking.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 20:19:24 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote:
[...]

It's set to display your info to friends only, and you didn't respond
to my request to become one, so I'm out of the loop, mon. sniffle,
sob, honk

Hmm, you're on my friend list now but I never got an email saying so.
My bad or Shame on Facebook.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 1, 11:28*pm, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast
dot net wrote:
[...]

I am getting your mail though. I have been wondering how that dog is
doing...LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 1, 5:33*pm, Nova wrote:
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:01:39 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Stage 4 lung cancer. The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will
be in remission by May 3rd. *S*
What's saving my ass so far is that everything else is a 100% healthy
condition so kidneys and liver are processing those nasty chemo drugs
just fine. As doc said: "you got the bloodwork make-up of a 28-year
old."

I feel great.

My wife and I will keep you in our prayers. *She's beat it twice.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

That's fantastic. That gives me much hope. I know it can be done, got
the desire to do it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 2, 12:03*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 20:19:24 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote:
[...]

I am inept when it comes to Facebook settings. Do the request thing
again and I'll try to do it right this time.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

And here I thought you read Facebook where this medical problem of
mine has been beaten to death over the last month or so.

-----------------------------
Don't do FaceBook.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4f2a2480$0$1686
:

"Robatoy" wrote:

And here I thought you read Facebook where this medical problem of
mine has been beaten to death over the last month or so.

-----------------------------
Don't do FaceBook.

Lew

Facebook is fine if you set your privacy right, and DO NOT DO the silly
games. It's like usenet and email wrapped together. But much more fun.
Just practice safe hex ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:47:36 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

lj said:
Hmm, you're on my friend list now but I never got an email saying so.
My bad or Shame on Facebook.

I am inept when it comes to Facebook settings. Do the request thing
again and I'll try to do it right this time.

I'm inept with Facebook, too. You evidently OKed my request but I
didn't know about it until yesterday.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/01/12 11:17 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 1, 7:45 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:01:39 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Stage 4 lung cancer. The chemo is beating it back. I predict it will
be in remission by May 3rd. *S*

Good for you. Just one thing. If it's possible you might not be around
in the foreseeable future, you need to come down and visit me at least
once before your tentative demise. I'll toss in a Keg dinner and that
beer I owe you.

A whole keg? That's going to take some work. Then again, not doing
much else.... ( I know, I know Keg Restaurants...excellent steaks.)
I also have no plans on leaving this planet for at least another 10
years.

What Dave said...i owe you at least a beer too, after that
freebie....err um..... sales sample you made for me, btw it is perfect,
my wife and I love it.

--
Froz...

LD Systems DJ200 Wild Thang (sic) , 2007 N_Cook Electronics Repair 1 August 12th 14 09:25 PM
Animal Antics 2 Upscale Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 February 3rd 11 08:06 AM
Animal Antics 1 Upscale Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 February 3rd 11 08:04 AM
Freezer antics SteveB[_9_] Home Repair 2 September 1st 09 02:10 AM
Putting in a Window (sorta OT, but only sorta) FunkySpaceCowboy Woodworking 0 November 15th 05 03:58 PM