Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Freezer antics

Yesterday, my Frigidaire 16 cu. ft. upright freezer had a lot of ice in it
from condensation. The refrigerant flows through the wire shelves. I
thawed it out, removing all the ice. Upon startup, the outside of the
freezer skin got up to 122 degrees F. The coils were icing slightly, so I
knew it was working. I kept an eye on it, and put a large fan on it to keep
the heat down.

Is that common? This morning, it's cold in there, and seems to be running
fine.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds normal, to me. I had one like that, years ago. The
door seal was useless, and I had to defrost it too often.
Finally scrapped it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"SteveB" wrote in message
Yesterday, my Frigidaire 16 cu. ft. upright freezer had a
lot of ice in it
from condensation. The refrigerant flows through the wire
shelves. I
thawed it out, removing all the ice. Upon startup, the
outside of the
freezer skin got up to 122 degrees F. The coils were icing
slightly, so I
knew it was working. I kept an eye on it, and put a large
fan on it to keep
the heat down.

Is that common? This morning, it's cold in there, and seems
to be running
fine.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 31, 9:33*am, "SteveB" wrote:
Yesterday, my Frigidaire 16 cu. ft. upright freezer had a lot of ice in it
from condensation. *The refrigerant flows through the wire shelves. *I
thawed it out, removing all the ice. *Upon startup, the outside of the
freezer skin got up to 122 degrees F. *The coils were icing slightly, so I
knew it was working. *I kept an eye on it, and put a large fan on it to keep
the heat down.

Is that common? *This morning, it's cold in there, and seems to be running
fine.

Steve

Isnt that what the defroster circuit does, heat it up, but 122 is very
hot, ive felt my frige with defrost on it only was warm. Do you have a
Kill a watt, if so monitor it. My old frige had a derfroster clock
brake in the On position and it would not cool well.

Once you get into the habit of shopping for your junior clothingrequirements on the Internet, you will realize how easy and convenient it is.You need not go through all the antics of untangling chains of accessorieslike jewelry and bend or sit on the [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 21st 08 02:21 PM
Honda Mower Antics Steve B Home Repair 4 June 17th 07 02:50 PM
Hotpoint Fridge Freezer - Freezer defrosted red light on any ideas? Suz UK diy 0 September 5th 03 12:59 AM