tom hooper

Default Help finding old plane parts

Need screw to hold Stanley plane iron to chip iron. Original had large
knurled head with short screw section. Not an antique, but necessary
part to use tool. Could use some additional blade,chip iron sets to
make wooden bodied planes, and have an old 2 1/2" Record joiner plane
that needs blade/chip iron set also. I know Hock makes good blades, but
where do I get the chip irons and proper screws?

Thanks,
Tom

Jeff Bell

Try Highland Hardware. I saw they stocked a good line of Stanley plane parts
at one time (may still do).

--
www.fourleavesworkshop.com
"tom hooper" wrote in message
Need screw to hold Stanley plane iron to chip iron. Original had large
knurled head with short screw section. Not an antique, but necessary
part to use tool. Could use some additional blade,chip iron sets to
make wooden bodied planes, and have an old 2 1/2" Record joiner plane
that needs blade/chip iron set also. I know Hock makes good blades, but
where do I get the chip irons and proper screws?

Thanks,
Tom

patriarch

tom hooper wrote in
:

Need screw to hold Stanley plane iron to chip iron. Original had large
knurled head with short screw section. Not an antique, but necessary
part to use tool. Could use some additional blade,chip iron sets to
make wooden bodied planes, and have an old 2 1/2" Record joiner plane
that needs blade/chip iron set also. I know Hock makes good blades, but
where do I get the chip irons and proper screws?

Thanks,
Tom

Hock also sells chip breakers for Stanley, at least for his irons, as well
as blade & chip breaker sets for building your own 'Krenov-style'
handplanes.

I recall that new replacement parts are available from Stanley. A Google
on the rec archives should even get you the name & telephone number...

For a vintage part, try www.supertool.com...

Patriarch
Conan The Librarian

patriarch wrote in message 7.77...

I recall that new replacement parts are available from Stanley. A Google
on the rec archives should even get you the name & telephone number...

Call Lori in Parts at Stanley Works at 800-262-2161.

Chuck Vance
Just say (tmPL) I'm thinking that should be added to the FAQ.