patriarch

Default Help finding old plane parts

tom hooper wrote in
:

Need screw to hold Stanley plane iron to chip iron. Original had large
knurled head with short screw section. Not an antique, but necessary
part to use tool. Could use some additional blade,chip iron sets to
make wooden bodied planes, and have an old 2 1/2" Record joiner plane
that needs blade/chip iron set also. I know Hock makes good blades, but
where do I get the chip irons and proper screws?

Thanks,
Tom

Hock also sells chip breakers for Stanley, at least for his irons, as well
as blade & chip breaker sets for building your own 'Krenov-style'
handplanes.

I recall that new replacement parts are available from Stanley. A Google
on the rec archives should even get you the name & telephone number...

For a vintage part, try www.supertool.com...

Patriarch