Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fastening a drawer front

I need to mount two drawer fronts and there's gotta be a simple,
accurate way to do this. I've already mounted the drawer box on full
extension glides. The front is to be flush with the frame. My best
guess is to temporarily affix the front to the drawer using a screw
through the hole for the pull, then carefully open the drawer far enough
to securely clamp the front to the drawer.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

The slides should have some slot play in their screw (to the drawer)
positions, also, for some micro adjusting, there.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/29/11 6:19 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
I need to mount two drawer fronts and there's gotta be a simple,
accurate way to do this. I've already mounted the drawer box on full
extension glides. The front is to be flush with the frame. My best guess
is to temporarily affix the front to the drawer using a screw through
the hole for the pull, then carefully open the drawer far enough to
securely clamp the front to the drawer.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Double sided tape, line it up, then pull open, clamp if necessary and
screw it.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/29/2011 5:19 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
I need to mount two drawer fronts and there's gotta be a simple,
accurate way to do this. I've already mounted the drawer box on full
extension glides. The front is to be flush with the frame. My best guess
is to temporarily affix the front to the drawer using a screw through
the hole for the pull, then carefully open the drawer far enough to
securely clamp the front to the drawer.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Larry

The most common method I use is to put the 4 screws that will hold the
front to the drawer in place in the drawer with a bit more than their
points sticking out of the front side of the drawer. Align the front an
press it into the points of the screws. Open the drawer and realign the
front to the indentations and screw in the screws.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 29, 9:41*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 12/29/2011 5:19 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

I need to mount two drawer fronts and there's gotta be a simple,
accurate way to do this. I've already mounted the drawer box on full
extension glides. The front is to be flush with the frame. My best guess
is to temporarily affix the front to the drawer using a screw through
the hole for the pull, then carefully open the drawer far enough to
securely clamp the front to the drawer.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Larry

The most common method I use is to put the 4 screws that will hold the
front to the drawer in place in the drawer with a bit more than their
points sticking out of the front side of the drawer. *Align the front an
press it into the points of the screws. *Open the drawer and realign the
front to the indentations and screw in the screws.

Yes tape. Also equal sized shims of thin wood or cardboard to get even
spacing at all sides.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in
:

[...]

Or the LeeValley shims
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=66917&cat=1,43456

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 30, 5:49*am, Han wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote :

[...]

email address is invalid- Hide quoted text -

Damn, people will make a productized version of anything. I think I'll
make a cloth cuff you wear on the wrist when you have gloves on for
finishing and a short sleeve shirt but need to wipe your nose.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 30, 1:32*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
On Dec 30, 5:49*am, Han wrote:

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote :

[...]

finishing and a short sleeve shirt but need to wipe your nose.- Hide quoted text -

Isn't that what the hair on your arms is for?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:56:33 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Damn, people will make a productized version of anything. I think I'll
make a cloth cuff you wear on the wrist when you have gloves on for
finishing and a short sleeve shirt but need to wipe your nose.- Hide quoted text -

Isn't that what the hair on your arms is for?

I use armpit hair for wiping my nose.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramp's shop" wrote in message
I need to mount two drawer fronts and there's gotta be a simple, accurate
way to do this. I've already mounted the drawer box on full extension
glides. The front is to be flush with the frame. My best guess is to
temporarily affix the front to the drawer using a screw through the hole
for the pull, then carefully open the drawer far enough to securely clamp
the front to the drawer.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Larry

I use 1" round washer head screws. Because the screw head is large due to
the washer head, you can drill an oversized hole in the drawer. Shim the
drawer front the best you can and then drive the 4 washer head screws into
the drawer face. Pull the shims. If it isn't just what you want, loosen the
washer head screws and make small adjustments in the drawer front. You can
see some examples he

http://www.mcfeelys.com/washer-head-screws

The screws come in different colors if that makes a difference to you.