Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Out of my area of expertise - Drill Bits...

Anyone know where I can find new sets of these relatively inexpensively?

http://tinyurl.com/toolsfortrip

I'm sending a team of folks overseas with www.adoptonevillage.org and they
have asked me to source them some tools for a hand brace drill.

No electricity where they are going so I suppose this is the best option for
now...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

Amazon has some augar brace bits. Don't know if you will like the cost or
not.

Paul T.

Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills:
http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping:
http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226 VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:21:22 GMT, "P.H.T."
wrote:

Amazon has some augar brace bits. Don't know if you will like the cost or
not.

It does not augur well if he doesn't use auger bits, suh.

(OK, Max?)

--
Silence is more musical than any song.
-- Christina Rossetti
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , says...

Anyone know where I can find new sets of these relatively inexpensively?

http://tinyurl.com/toolsfortrip

I'm sending a team of folks overseas with www.adoptonevillage.org and they
have asked me to source them some tools for a hand brace drill.

No electricity where they are going so I suppose this is the best option for
now...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Irwin is still selling that set new for about 125 bucks in a plastic
pouch--item 43697. Check Amazon. They list it with the wooden case as
well but nobody seems to have stock. Note that they'll probably need to
be sharpened by somebody who knows what they're doing before they're
really usable.

Also consider the possibility of using a brace with a 3-jaw chuck that
handles hex-shank bits.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 12/16/2011 5:52 AM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Anyone know where I can find new sets of these relatively inexpensively?

I'm sending a team of folks overseas with www.adoptonevillage.org and they
have asked me to source them some tools for a hand brace drill.

How fast do you have to have them and _must_ be new?

Auger bits are fairly common on eBay and other venues like estate sales,
auctions, etc., for nearly give-away prices if the team can spend a some
time looking instead of spending dollars.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Irwin is still selling that set new for about 125 bucks in a plastic
pouch--item 43697. Check Amazon. They list it with the wooden case as
well but nobody seems to have stock. Note that they'll probably need to
be sharpened by somebody who knows what they're doing before they're
really usable.

Also consider the possibility of using a brace with a 3-jaw chuck that
handles hex-shank bits.

I've got my eye on the Irwin set...

Already have a number of the hex taper shank braces donated so I need these
tools.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

Contact Irwin, http://www.irwin.com/tools/browse/dr...its/auger-bits.

Explain what you're up to, bits/sets you need, see if you can get some
sort of direct factory discount. Maybe they might even donate to the
cause. Can't hurt to ask.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

wrote:

Amazon has some augar brace bits. Don't know if you will like the cost or
not.

It does not augur well if he doesn't use auger bits, suh.

(OK, Max?)

At least he didn't screw it up. ;-)

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe AutoDrill" writes:
Anyone know where I can find new sets of these relatively inexpensively?

http://tinyurl.com/toolsfortrip

I'm sending a team of folks overseas with www.adoptonevillage.org and they
have asked me to source them some tools for a hand brace drill.

No electricity where they are going so I suppose this is the best option for
now...

You can find bits for hand braces (two-jaw chuck) at most antique stores/flea mkts, for
very little $$. You may need to sharpen them (a bit of filing on the cutting
edge). Look for straight ones.

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

Anyone know where I can find new sets of these relatively
inexpensively?

http://tinyurl.com/toolsfortrip

---------------------------------------
Jamestown Distributors.

May be a little pricey.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can find new sets of these relatively inexpensively?

http://tinyurl.com/toolsfortrip

I'm sending a team of folks overseas with www.adoptonevillage.org and they
have asked me to source them some tools for a hand brace drill.

No electricity where they are going so I suppose this is the best option for
now...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Consider a few auger bit files to resharpen the bits.
http://www.google.com/products/catal...79484673517387

Highland carries these and auger bits too. Not cheap tho.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.aspx

Lee Valley has adapters for the 2 jaw braces
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...at=1,180,42337
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

Depending on size of holes drilled and materials ever consider a bunch
of battery drills and solar PV panels to charge them? Now you have
power screw drivers and other power tool capabilities.

----------------
"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message

Anyone know where I can find new sets of these relatively
inexpensively?

http://tinyurl.com/toolsfortrip

I'm sending a team of folks overseas with www.adoptonevillage.org and
they
have asked me to source them some tools for a hand brace drill.

No electricity where they are going so I suppose this is the best
option for
now...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

"m II" wrote in message
Depending on size of holes drilled and materials ever consider a bunch of
battery drills and solar PV panels to charge them? Now you have power
screw drivers and other power tool capabilities.

All in the works. However, seeing as we only have official representatives
on site for three weeks out of the year, there is the danger that things
will disappear while we are gone. Many times I can't chance sending over a
team of 10-25 people not knowing whether their tools will work.

In the plans for this upcoming July is a permanent storage faciltiy for our
items on site.