Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Can anyone identify this tool?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguari...ream/lightbox/

You can click the "Newer" button for two more views. The long piece fits
in the two "brackets" as shown in the second and third photos. I assume
that is how it is intended to be used, even thought the fit binds a bit,
possibly due to rust.

I'm sure that someone here must know the function of this item. Who'll
be first?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 13, 10:23*pm, Greg Guarino wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguari...otostream/ligh...

You can click the "Newer" button for two more views. The long piece fits
in the two "brackets" as shown in the second and third photos. I assume
that is how it is intended to be used, even thought the fit binds a bit,
possibly due to rust.

I'm sure that someone here must know the function of this item. Who'll
be first?

It's a motormount. The motor bolts to the long piece and the brackets
moount to the machine so the motor can swing and keep the belt tight.
Often used on tablesaws and lathes.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In ,
typed:
wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguari...otostream/ligh...

You can click the "Newer" button for two more views. The
long piece fits in the two "brackets" as shown in the
second and third photos. I assume that is how it is
intended to be used, even thought the fit binds a bit,
possibly due to rust.

I'm sure that someone here must know the function of
this item. Who'll be first?

It's a motormount. The motor bolts to the long piece and
the brackets moount to the machine so the motor can swing
and keep the belt tight. Often used on tablesaws and
lathes.

Pics aren't detailed enough, but motor mount's a good possibility. If I look
at it right, I can also reference it to an old punch I used to have.

HTH,

Twayne`

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:23:06 -0500, Greg Guarino
wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguari...ream/lightbox/

You can click the "Newer" button for two more views. The long piece fits
in the two "brackets" as shown in the second and third photos. I assume
that is how it is intended to be used, even thought the fit binds a bit,
possibly due to rust.

I'm sure that someone here must know the function of this item. Who'll
be first?

I'll bite: Swingset hinge!
snort

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King