Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Small, fairly simple project-plan(s)?

Greetings,

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free) project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net and in
the library I found near nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 17:32:20 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 11/6/2011 2:27 PM, Puddin' Man wrote:

Greetings,

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free) project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net and in
the library I found near nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

Local Library

Yes, under the Dewey Decimal system, look for the 684 section.

For a turn-of-the-century schooling in woodcraft, look to Lee Valley
for their book entitled _Projects For Woodwork Training_. Oh, it's the
turn of the 19th century. (LVT no longer sells it, so try the Amazone
http://goo.gl/NGGs1 ) It covers from woodworking to wicker to leather
in increasing difficulty.

--
Live Simply. Speak Kindly. Care Deeply. Love Generously.
-- anon
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 14:27:05 -0600, Puddin' Man wrote:

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc
and only moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on
the net and in the library I found near nothing.

You might like a book called "The Big Book of Weekend Woodworking"
Several used copies are available on Abe:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...he+Big+Book+of
+Weekend+Woodworking&x=40&y=13

And don't just look at the library, ask for the book. Our local library
has more than once ordered a book I asked about if they couldn't find it
at another branch. They've even subscribed to a magazine I wanted.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Puddin' Man" wrote

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free)
project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

The book storage projects on my site at: http://tinyurl.com/35zxhxp might be
suitable. For something a bit more demanding, please look at:
http://tinyurl.com/376jhfo

--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 6, 3:27*pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
Greetings,

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free) project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net and in
the library I found near nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

There are some pretty cool project plans at The Woodwright's Shop:

http://www.pbs.org/woodwrightsshop/howto/index.html

For simple though, it's really just a matter of having the dimensions,
determining where the wood will intersect and deciding what sort of
joint is appropriate at those points. Then one just has to work out
how to resolve exposed edges / planes stylistically.

I plugged in your lost of tools and ``free woodworking plans'' and
found this site:

http://www.binkyswoodworking.com/Plans.php

William
Posted to rec.woodworking

Greetings,

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free) project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net and in
the library I found near nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

Puddin' Man

If you want ideas, suggestions, tips and general chat, I highly
recommend checking out ... http://lumberjocks.com.

I take no resonsibility in how obsessed you may become lumberjocks.
Enter at your own risk!

eNjOy!
`Casper
Posted to rec.woodworking

There are "many" free plans on the Minwax site:

http://www.minwax.com/wood-projects/

Under the furniture section is a bedside table
that I have built "several" for various children.

This is just one of many sites that have all the free
plans you care to download.

On 11/6/2011 3:27 PM, Puddin' Man wrote:

Greetings,

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free) project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net and in
the library I found near nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/7/2011 11:37 AM, Pat Barber wrote:
Sorry I also forgot another favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_7lqZMHnc

On 11/6/2011 3:27 PM, Puddin' Man wrote:

Greetings,

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free)
project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly
(cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

Whatchoo got against simple animal shapes? LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 6, 3:27*pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
Greetings,

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free) project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net and in
the library I found near nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

* P

Look here! Lots-o-plans. Free too.

http://www.woodsmithshop.com/episode...arch=&x=64&y=9

RP

I third the suggestion to look at lumberjocks.com
Good luck!

I love pukey duck animal shapes when they have couth.
http://goo.gl/jICBA My favorite of all time.
Copy your own dog's profile when making it yours!

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc
and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net
and in
the library I found near nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 6, 3:27*pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
Greetings,

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free) project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net and in
the library I found near nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

* P

If you have a Lowe's in your town, they publish a small free magazine
called Creative Ideas for Weekend Projects. Their projects seem to fit
your tool collection. Log onto LowesCreativeIdeas.com/Subscibe
Typical projects are entry hall mirror, serving trays, bird houses,
wine racks et al.
The price is right.

Joe G
Posted to rec.woodworking

"William F. Adams )" wrote in
:

There are some pretty cool project plans at The Woodwright's Shop:

http://www.pbs.org/woodwrightsshop/howto/index.html

*snip*

I used some elm from a tree in our yard to build a "Dovetailed grease pot".
With some modification, it could be used as a pen holder, certificate
holder, or all kinds of other things.

You can use a contrasting piece of wood for the dovetail butterfly, I think
Roy did.

Puckdropper

I third the suggestion to look at lumberjocks.com
Good luck!

I love pukey duck animal shapes when they have couth.
http://goo.gl/jICBA My favorite of all time.
Copy your own dog's profile when making it yours!

Aww man, that's art. I assume that you have 2 versions of that one!

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc
and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net
and in
the library I found near nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote:

Aww man, that's art. I assume that you have 2 versions of that one!

-------------------------
East bound out of Muncie, In, about half way between Muncie a I-75 is
a hog farmer on the North side of the road.

Painted on the side of the barn is a mural showing a boar and sow in
the appropriate pose with a caption below that reads "Mak'in Bacon".

Call it Hoosier humor.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

I third the suggestion to look at lumberjocks.com
Good luck!

I love pukey duck animal shapes when they have couth.
http://goo.gl/jICBA My favorite of all time.
Copy your own dog's profile when making it yours!

Aww man, that's art. I assume that you have 2 versions of that one!

Lots of versions. I put them in people's yards who walk their dogs
past my house and let them **** in my yard.

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:57:18 -0800 (PST), GROVER
wrote:

On Nov 6, 3:27*pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
Greetings,

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free) project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net and in
the library I found near nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

If you have a Lowe's in your town, they publish a small free magazine
called Creative Ideas for Weekend Projects. Their projects seem to fit
your tool collection. Log onto LowesCreativeIdeas.com/Subscibe
Typical projects are entry hall mirror, serving trays, bird houses,
wine racks et al.
The price is right.

I received a copy on Saturday. Holy Crom! Are these "creative"
people paid for their "work"? I think I'm gonna be sick...

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.
-- Louis L'Amour
Posted to rec.woodworking

In ,
Pat Barber typed:
There are "many" free plans on the Minwax site:

http://www.minwax.com/wood-projects/

From begnner to pro, that site has something for almost everyone!

HTH,

Twayne`

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article 27021c40-b93f-4a26-84f4-
, says...

[...]

I like a book called "Box By Box". Gives enough information to make the
project and shows any new techniques introduced but doesn't hold your
hand, you need to think about how you're going to do it.

Each project is small enough to be done in even the smallest shops, and
by the time one has worked through the whole book one will have been
exposed to a pretty wide range of techniques.

It's not free, but at $16.50 it's not horribly expensive either.

If you don't have a planer then you'll need a source for boards thinner
than 3/4 inch.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I've ordered several woodwork books from the library and am sure to find
something in there and/or online. Also sizing up a table saw sled.

Many thanks to all!

Best,

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 14:27:05 -0600, Puddin' Man wrote:

Greetings,

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free) project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net and in
the library I found near nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 6, 2:27*pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
Greetings,

I come begging advice. Does anyone know of (preferably free) project-plan(s)
for a small, fairly simple woodwork project that is not silly (cut-outs of
animal shapes, etc)?

I have a little table saw, scroll saw, router table, drill press, etc and only
moderate woodwork skills. Last time I surveyed free plans on the net and in
the library I found near nothing.

I've been making Two by Four Toys for Christmas give aways lately with
about the same equipment. Have a look at
http://www.whitanderson.com/wood/dpww/tom/

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Look on the bright side. They're not in jail.

Musing about turning simple, small and unadorned. (long) Arch Woodturning 4 June 1st 10 01:13 AM
Remodel Project Plan Mike P[_6_] Home Repair 4 April 11th 10 10:58 PM
small home plan Desiglass Home Repair 2 August 15th 06 02:10 AM
Project Plan For aboveground poo deckl, Can someone please direct me to a website. Chris & Kathy Woodworking 1 June 24th 06 10:28 PM
I need some fairly simple plans Sam Berlyn Woodworking 11 November 3rd 04 04:02 AM