Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Sam the Cat

Default Jointer planes

Hey all

Looking to into jointing a board with a hand plane and trying to select
the appropriate type planes.

I can understand that the long the plane the less likely the plane is to
"follow the curve" but given that I can get a #6 at 18", a #7 at 22" and a
#8 at 24" is there significance in flatness or speed of work between the
three. Given that the different planes are made, there must be a reason

Cheers
Eric (a normite in neander territory)