AArDvarK

Default Jointer planes

Remeber either buy old planes
or fairly expensive ones, India and China make paperweights, not
planes, newer Stanleys aren't as good as old ones and Buck or
Great Neck aren't worth the effort to fettle, IMHO.

May I interupt? I seem to have taken up an interest in Anant planes from
India and I wonder about your opinion of them as paperweights... I mean
I know I can agree about China planes without touching one and I have
never shaven a stroke. Have you used the India made Anant planes?
Because I would really like to know about their quality, even if you
know of an online review I'd like read it. Highland Hardware sells them
and has a high opinion of them. http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/
http://www.anant-tools.com/index2.php

Alex
(not-yet-beginner, or, beginner-not)