Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Powermatic DT45 (Dovetailer) Setup

I realiaze this is kind of a production style machine but I was
wondering if anyone here has experience with this machine. The manual
provides good directions of how to adjust several aspects of the size,
depth, position, tightness, etc. However, they don't provide any step
by step approach for setting up.

I dicked around for about an hour and have a good understanding of how
to eventually get a good tight setup but could use any pointers anyone
might have.

Google searches haven't helped.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 30, 9:21*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
I realiaze this is kind of a production style machine but I was
wondering if anyone here has experience with this machine. The manual
provides good directions of how to adjust several aspects of the size,
depth, position, tightness, etc. However, they don't provide any step
by step approach for setting up.

I dicked around for about an hour and have a good understanding of how
to eventually get a good tight setup but could use any pointers anyone
might have.

Google searches haven't helped.

Bueller... Bueller... anybody.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 31, 6:22*pm, Michael Kenefick wrote:
I would make a post at owwm.org. *I am certain several persons will have
answers.

Mike in Ohio

thx I was considering that even though the DT is a newer machine
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 31, 6:22*pm, Michael Kenefick wrote:
I would make a post at owwm.org. *I am certain several persons will have
answers.

Mike in Ohio

Well... I tried posting over there at owwm admitting it is not an old
machine and the ahole moderator locked my thread saying it is not an
old machine so no one is allowed to reply. It is their site and they
can do what they want but seems a bit dickish. Likely somebody over
there would be able to help.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I realiaze this is kind of a production style machine but I was
wondering if anyone here has experience with this machine. The manual
provides good directions of how to adjust several aspects of the size,
depth, position, tightness, etc. However, they don't provide any step
by step approach for setting up.

I dicked around for about an hour and have a good understanding of how
to eventually get a good tight setup but could use any pointers anyone
might have.

Google searches haven't helped.

Have you , GASP!, contacted Powermatic? LOL

If they are anything like Festool that will point you towards those that
have experience using their equipment.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Have you , GASP!, contacted Powermatic? *LOL

If they are anything like Festool that will point you towards those that
have experience using their equipment.

Good idea. I started with the assumption the provided documents would
contain the depth of their knowledge but when I called once before
about an old PM65 TS I did get an old dude who helped with exactly
what I needed. I'll give it a try.

I am not a direct customer of theirs as I got this second hand with
less than 2 hours op-time for $1,000. Gloat for me anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/2/2011 11:01 AM, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Have you , GASP!, contacted Powermatic? LOL

If they are anything like Festool that will point you towards those that
have experience using their equipment.

Good idea. I started with the assumption the provided documents would
contain the depth of their knowledge but when I called once before
about an old PM65 TS I did get an old dude who helped with exactly
what I needed. I'll give it a try.

I am not a direct customer of theirs as I got this second hand with
less than 2 hours op-time for $1,000. Gloat for me anyway.

If you give up on it I might be willing to take it off you hands for the
same price. ;~)

Powermatic 66 I might buy bob Woodworking 16 October 12th 07 11:58 AM
Powermatic 72 P.I._Maine Woodworking 9 February 8th 06 08:28 AM
Car Battery wiring & setup. Mobile/Setup/Coolbox john UK diy 3 August 7th 05 07:13 PM
12" powermatic TS Andrew V Woodworking 14 May 20th 05 02:51 PM