Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sawstop requisiat en pace

Anybody get the idea we've beat this topic to death?

Did anyone change their opinion?

We've all had a good rant, how about moving on?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/10/11 12:20 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Anybody get the idea we've beat this topic to death?

Did anyone change their opinion?

We've all had a good rant, how about moving on?

Or you could simply stop reading it.
Worked for me.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Larry Blanchard
wrote:

Anybody get the idea we've beat this topic to death?

Did anyone change their opinion?

We've all had a good rant, how about moving on?

It's called a killfile, Larry. Why not use one rather than start
ANOTHER freaking thread about the SawStop?

--
Woodworking and more at http://www.woodenwabbits.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

In , Larry Blanchard
wrote:

Anybody get the idea we've beat this topic to death?

Did anyone change their opinion?

We've all had a good rant, how about moving on?

It's called a killfile, Larry. Why not use one rather than start
ANOTHER freaking thread about the SawStop?

I just sprayed my screen!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:
Anybody get the idea we've beat this topic to death?

Did anyone change their opinion?

We've all had a good rant, how about moving on?

There are many good, logical, and heartfelt reasons for both sides of the
argument. By my last count, there were 63 opposed and 48 in favor. As soon
as I finish the tabulation, I'll post the summaries here so we can winnow
out the good from the merely preferable.

Participation will be encouraged.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I just sprayed my screen!

If you would have been using a SprayStop MonitorT, that tragedy could have
been avoided.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:16:19 -0700, "Dan Grebinski"
wrote:

I just sprayed my screen!

If you would have been using a SprayStop MonitorT, that tragedy could have
been avoided.

That or a big and a gag.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:29:22 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:
I just sprayed my screen!

Guess you should have invested in a MonitorSprayStop. Now it's too
late and you're going to suffer for life with this embarrassment.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I just sprayed my screen!

If you would have been using a SprayStop MonitorT, that tragedy could have
been avoided.

That or a big and a gag.

Hey, who changed my text? Supposed to be "a bib and a gag."

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Larry Blanchard wrote:
Anybody get the idea we've beat this topic to death?

Did anyone change their opinion?

We've all had a good rant, how about moving on?

There are many good, logical, and heartfelt reasons for both sides of the
argument. By my last count, there were 63 opposed and 48 in favor. As soon
as I finish the tabulation, I'll post the summaries here so we can winnow
out the good from the merely preferable.

Participation will be encouraged.

Then we can start on the Radial Arm saws and whether they need SawStop?

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:38:54 -0600, "Max" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
om...
Larry Blanchard wrote:
Anybody get the idea we've beat this topic to death?

Did anyone change their opinion?

We've all had a good rant, how about moving on?

There are many good, logical, and heartfelt reasons for both sides of the
argument. By my last count, there were 63 opposed and 48 in favor. As soon
as I finish the tabulation, I'll post the summaries here so we can winnow
out the good from the merely preferable.

Participation will be encouraged.

Then we can start on the Radial Arm saws and whether they need SawStop?

Oh, they should be banned outright. It's for the children!

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Then we can start on the Radial Arm saws and whether they need SawStop?

Oh, they should be banned outright. It's for the children!

Not to worry.

Radial arms saws have already been demonized. They are politically
incorrect. Anybody who uses them or admits liking them is immediately
publically shamed and ridiculed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:49:01 -0400, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at
comcast dot net wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Then we can start on the Radial Arm saws and whether they need SawStop?

Oh, they should be banned outright. It's for the children!

Not to worry.

Radial arms saws have already been demonized. They are politically
incorrect. Anybody who uses them or admits liking them is immediately
publically shamed and ridiculed.

I have one, but it hasn't been used in at least 18 years. I just got the
"safety kit" for it, so I'll probably put it back together some time in the
next 20. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in message
b.com...

wrote:

Then we can start on the Radial Arm saws and whether they need SawStop?

Oh, they should be banned outright. It's for the children!

Not to worry.

Radial arms saws have already been demonized. They are politically
incorrect. Anybody who uses them or admits liking them is immediately
publically shamed and ridiculed.

"Shame On Me"

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 11, 12:38*pm, "Max" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Then we can start on the Radial Arm saws and whether they need SawStop?

Max

I'm thinkin' we need government control of box knives.

I cut myself with one once.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"RonB" wrote in message
On Oct 11, 12:38 pm, "Max" wrote:

Then we can start on the Radial Arm saws and whether they need SawStop?

Max

I'm thinkin' we need government control of box knives.

I cut myself with one once.

RonB

I had to laugh at that.
The only shop injury I've ever incurred was when I was cutting a plastic
panel (with a "box knife") to install in a skylight.
Put a nasty gash in my thumb. That was 25 years ago. And under the
influence of 3 Michelobs.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 11, 11:25*pm, "Max" wrote:
"RonB" wrote in message

I'm thinkin' we need government control of box knives.
I cut myself with one once.

I had to laugh at that.
The only shop injury I've ever incurred was when I was cutting a plastic
panel (with a "box knife") to install in a skylight.
Put a nasty gash in my thumb. *That was 25 years ago. And under the
influence of 3 Michelobs.

I was finishing up a custom snap-in grid for a Pella patio door, the
photographer set to arrive the next morning to take pictures for a
contest entry the next morning, and about 3am I filleted my thumb with
a razor knife. "Oh ****", says I, and slapped a strip of paper towel
and some masking tape on it, and finished the job. Didn't get any
ligaments, but I still have a semi-numb area on the back of my thumb.

I wish I healed now as quickly as I did then.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

RicodJour wrote in news:87fde6f7-e63e-46e8-8a73-
:

I wish I healed now as quickly as I did then.

I second the motion ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 11, 10:49*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 11, 11:25*pm, "Max" wrote:

"RonB" wrote in message

I'm thinkin' we need government control ofboxknives.
I cut myself with one once.

I had to laugh at that.
The only shop injury I've ever incurred was when I was cutting a plastic
panel (with a "boxknife") to install in a skylight.
Put a nasty gash in my thumb. *That was 25 years ago. And under the
influence of 3 Michelobs.

I was finishing up a custom snap-in grid for a Pella patio door, the
photographer set to arrive the next morning to take pictures for a
contest entry the next morning, and about 3am I filleted my thumb with
a razorknife. *"Oh ****", says I, and slapped a strip of paper towel
and some masking tape on it, and finished the job. *Didn't get any
ligaments, but I still have a semi-numb area on the back of my thumb.

I wish I healed now as quickly as I did then.

I think the thing that really made me think of the box knife was a
neighbor from years ago. He was a foreman, and part owner, of an up
and coming small business in the Wichita area. He was cutting some
stock with a box knife and straight-edge and it slipped and nearly cut
his thumb off. He had surgery and ran around in a brace and sling for
weeks and finally got all of the apparatus taken off.

A week later - repeat performance.

This time the company president told him sharp instruments were off-
limits for him if he wanted to continue to be a partner. Their
insurance rates wouldn't tolerate any more.

I did nick myself pretty good with a box knife years ago; but every
time I get lined up to do a deep cut I think of Randy. He has
probably save dme from injury more times than he can imagine.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:34:48 -0700 (PDT), RonB
wrote:

On Oct 11, 12:38*pm, "Max" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Then we can start on the Radial Arm saws and whether they need SawStop?

Max

I'm thinkin' we need government control of box knives.

I cut myself with one once.

What about paper? Millions of people are scarred for life from paper
cuts each year. And don't get me started on DHMO...

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"RicodJour" wrote
"Max" wrote:

I was finishing up a custom snap-in grid for a Pella patio door, the
photographer set to arrive the next morning to take pictures for a
contest entry the next morning, and about 3am I filleted my thumb with
a razor knife. "Oh ****", says I, and slapped a strip of paper towel
and some masking tape on it, and finished the job. Didn't get any
ligaments, but I still have a semi-numb area on the back of my thumb.

I wish I healed now as quickly as I did then.

I don't have any scars or numbness but I have a vivid memory of the event
that gives me flashbacks every time I pick up a razor knife.

Max

using the Pace VF90 RubbishRat Electronics Repair 4 April 15th 10 05:00 PM
Pace TDS470N (Digibox) Jack00 Electronics Repair 1 November 24th 09 07:23 PM
Pace SX-80 Dave Plowman (News) Electronics Repair 2 April 14th 07 03:48 AM
Pace DTVA repair pb Electronics Repair 0 September 26th 05 01:53 PM
NEED PACE DESOLDERING TIP Bob in PHX Electronics Repair 2 February 27th 05 09:37 PM