Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Stop burning and burying of local trees and wood - we the people petition

We in this nation waste everything, but one thing that concerns me the
most is burning good urban wood in an incinerator to make energy for
the moment and calling it green energy or using it as alternative
daily cover (ADC) in landfills where it is also classified a green
diversion. If you agree please sign my We the People Petition:
http://wh.gov/g05

Thank you
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:37:32 -0700 (PDT), natureworks
wrote:

We in this nation waste everything, but one thing that concerns me the
most is burning good urban wood in an incinerator to make energy for
the moment and calling it green energy or using it as alternative
daily cover (ADC) in landfills where it is also classified a green
diversion. If you agree please sign my We the People Petition:
http://wh.gov/g05

Thank you

"So show your support for closing all landfills and shutting down all
incinerators in 5 years,"

You're kidding, right?
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

We in this nation waste everything, but one thing that concerns me
the most is burning good urban wood in an incinerator to make energy
for the moment and calling it green energy or using it as alternative
daily cover (ADC) in landfills where it is also classified a green
diversion. If you agree please sign my We the People Petition:
http://wh.gov/g05

Thank you

"So show your support for closing all landfills and shutting down all
incinerators in 5 years,"

You're kidding, right?

'Fraid not. But cut him some slack. It not the validity of the mass movement
that attracts him, it is the movement itself that gives meaning to his
otherwise bland existence.

The Monty Python folks had a skit once showing a meeting of the Committee to
Stack Things Atop Other Things ("We have here a correspondence from the
Coldstream branch. During the past week, they have managed to stack ELEVEN
things on top of other things!" "Hear, hear!").

Wish we could get the environmentalists diverted to such a project. It would
serve their personal needs ... as well as ours.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

wrote:

We in this nation waste everything, but one thing that concerns me the
most is burning good urban wood in an incinerator to make energy for
the moment and calling it green energy or using it as alternative
daily cover (ADC) in landfills where it is also classified a green
diversion. If you agree please sign my We the People Petition:
http://wh.gov/g05

Thank you

"So show your support for closing all landfills and shutting down all
incinerators in 5 years,"

You're kidding, right?

Somebody want to buy him a ticket to Naples so he can see how that works
out?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

We in this nation waste everything, but one thing that concerns me the
most is burning good urban wood in an incinerator to make energy for
the moment and calling it green energy or using it as alternative
daily cover (ADC) in landfills where it is also classified a green
diversion. If you agree please sign my We the People Petition:
http://wh.gov/g05

Thank you

Wow, _9_ whole signatures on that thing already? snort

--
If you're trying to take a roomful of people by
surprise, it's a lot easier to hit your targets
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

We in this nation waste everything, but one thing that concerns me the
most is burning good urban wood in an incinerator to make energy for
the moment and calling it green energy or using it as alternative
daily cover (ADC) in landfills where it is also classified a green
diversion. If you agree please sign my We the People Petition:
http://wh.gov/g05

Thank you

"So show your support for closing all landfills and shutting down all
incinerators in 5 years,"

You're kidding, right?

Must be an alternative vegan diet thing. Let 'em go for it!

--
If you're trying to take a roomful of people by
surprise, it's a lot easier to hit your targets
if you don't yell going through the door.
-- Lois McMaster Bujold
Posted to rec.woodworking

They are bio-mass. We just got one up and running.

Since there are fires in the forest around here - and tree farms -
Burnt trees are not useful in wood industry or paper. The carbon
and the hard resins are the evil parts.

So they are sent to the biomass plant to be ground up.

Also the city cuts trees - they go there not ground fill or compost
piles if the piles are ample for the year.

We ourselves have oak that we burn but the sweetgum and pine we won't.

Might use splinters of pine to light a fire but not a log or bolt.

The Bio-mass plant can burn any wood fuel coal fuel and gas fuel.
It is a state of the art plant. We are lucky to have the booster
close in as the hurricanes blow over thousands of trees a year -
those are normally burned in the field - smoke and all.
Far better in a biomass as it burns hot and scrubs the exhaust
for anything that might escape the recycled exhaust.

Consider the wood in the field - rotting and termites which produce
more ozone gas as they digest the trees to nothing.

Martin

wrote:

We in this nation waste everything, but one thing that concerns me the
most is burning good urban wood in an incinerator to make energy for
the moment and calling it green energy or using it as alternative
daily cover (ADC) in landfills where it is also classified a green
diversion. If you agree please sign my We the People Petition:
http://wh.gov/g05

Thank you

Wow, _9_ whole signatures on that thing already?snort

--
If you're trying to take a roomful of people by
surprise, it's a lot easier to hit your targets
if you don't yell going through the door.
-- Lois McMaster Bujold

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2011 1:42 PM, HeyBub wrote:

The Monty Python folks had a skit once showing a meeting of the Committee to
Stack Things Atop Other Things ("We have here a correspondence from the
Coldstream branch. During the past week, they have managed to stack ELEVEN
things on top of other things!" "Hear, hear!").

Thanx for the tip. I hadn't seen it before, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f-kfRREA8M
Posted to rec.woodworking

Josepi wrote:
Banning matches and lighters may help your cause.

I have it on good authority that they are not going to make matches
any longer.

--
Gerald Ross

I went on a 30-day diet - and lost 30 days!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2011 10:56 PM, Edward A. Falk wrote:
In ,
Larry wrote:

Wow, _9_ whole signatures on that thing already?snort

You can get more signatures on a petition to ban dihydrogen
monoxide. (Which I suspect this is an example of.)

I'm more concerned about the movement to ban pointy sticks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry wrote:

Wow, _9_ whole signatures on that thing already?snort

You can get more signatures on a petition to ban dihydrogen
monoxide. (Which I suspect this is an example of.)

I'm more concerned about the movement to ban pointy sticks.

I'm against all three. Petitions, that is.

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 24, 2:37*pm, natureworks wrote:
We in this nation waste everything, but one thing that concerns me the
most is burning good urban wood in an incinerator to make energy for
the moment and calling it green energy or using it as alternative
daily cover (ADC) in landfills where it is also classified a green
diversion. If you agree please sign my We the People Petition:http://wh.gov/g05

Thank you

If the wood had any more value, it wouldn't be used for firewood.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In ,
Father Haskell typed:
On Sep 24, 2:37 pm, natureworks
wrote:
We in this nation waste everything, but one thing that
concerns me the
most is burning good urban wood in an incinerator to
make energy for
the moment and calling it green energy or using it as
alternative
daily cover (ADC) in landfills where it is also
classified a green
diversion. If you agree please sign my We the People
Petition:http://wh.gov/g05

Thank you

If the wood had any more value, it wouldn't be used for
firewood.

No thanks; I's rather see somethinig to replace petroleum reserces/renewal.
Wood is better to burn than oil etc..

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 28, 9:33*am, "Twayne" wrote:
,
Father Haskell typed:

On Sep 24, 2:37 pm, natureworks
wrote:
We in this nation waste everything, but one thing that
concerns me the
most is burning good urban wood in an incinerator to
make energy for
the moment and calling it green energy or using it as
alternative
daily cover (ADC) in landfills where it is also
classified a green
diversion. If you agree please sign my We the People
Petition:http://wh.gov/g05

Thank you

If the wood had any more value, it wouldn't be used for
firewood.

No thanks; I's rather see somethinig to replace petroleum reserces/renewal.
Wood is better to burn than oil etc..

Lots full of fast-growing weed trees would be a possibility.
Dunno which species would burn well and clean.

Coppice -- saplings arising from tree stumps -- were
once a popular, renewable fuel source. Hack them down,
and more grow back to take their place.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Twayne wrote:

If the wood had any more value, it wouldn't be used for
firewood.

No thanks; I's rather see somethinig to replace petroleum
reserces/renewal.

Um... why?

Wood is better to burn than oil etc..

The energy content of wood is minuscule compared to petroleum products.
Burning wood is why there are few forests in Europe. They were all converted
to charcoal during the Middle Ages.

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub wrote:
Twayne wrote:

If the wood had any more value, it wouldn't be used for
firewood.

No thanks; I's rather see somethinig to replace petroleum
reserces/renewal.

Um... why?

Wood is better to burn than oil etc..

The energy content of wood is minuscule compared to petroleum
products. Burning wood is why there are few forests in Europe. They
were all converted to charcoal during the Middle Ages.

The cost of wood as a heating source is minuscule compared to petroleum
products. Burning wood is only a small part of why there are few forests in
Europe. Wood was used for far more than heat during the middle ages.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote

The energy content of wood is minuscule compared to petroleum products.
Burning wood is why there are few forests in Europe. They were all
converted to charcoal during the Middle Ages.

They are paying dearly now. I happen to be in Italy right now. Heating oil
is the same price as diesel at the pump. I paid $7.64 a gallon yesterday.
Typical home temperatures in winter are about 60 degrees.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
They are paying dearly now. I happen to be in Italy right now. Heating oil
is the same price as diesel at the pump. I paid $7.64 a gallon yesterday.
Typical home temperatures in winter are about 60 degrees.

=======

How big is their gallon?

--

Eric

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Eric" wrote in message

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
They are paying dearly now. I happen to be in Italy right now. Heating
oil
is the same price as diesel at the pump. I paid $7.64 a gallon
yesterday.
Typical home temperatures in winter are about 60 degrees.

=======

How big is their gallon?

3.875 liters. I converted to US gallons and US dollars. They sell by the
liter and price by the Euro. Right now it is Euro1.44 to Eero1.54 depending
on location. The Euro today is 1.354, better than it has been for months.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice troll!

OK I'm a sucker for a well placed typo...LOL

http://www.google.ca/search?source=i...71l2-3.2.1l6l0

Does the US even have a litre?

---------------
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
3.875 liters. I converted to US gallons and US dollars. They sell by
the
liter and price by the Euro. Right now it is Euro1.44 to Eero1.54
depending
on location. The Euro today is 1.354, better than it has been for
months.

--------------------
"Eric" wrote in message
How big is their gallon?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote

The energy content of wood is minuscule compared to petroleum
products. Burning wood is why there are few forests in Europe. They
were all converted to charcoal during the Middle Ages.

They are paying dearly now. I happen to be in Italy right now. Heating
oil is the same price as diesel at the pump. I paid $7.64 a
gallon yesterday. Typical home temperatures in winter are about 60
degrees.

And of that $7.64, approximately $1.00 went for the gas. The rest was taxes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote

The energy content of wood is minuscule compared to petroleum
products. Burning wood is why there are few forests in Europe. They
were all converted to charcoal during the Middle Ages.

They are paying dearly now. I happen to be in Italy right now. Heating
oil is the same price as diesel at the pump. I paid $7.64 a
gallon yesterday. Typical home temperatures in winter are about 60
degrees.

And of that $7.64, approximately $1.00 went for the gas. The rest was
taxes.

You mean like the 15% of income they pay for free medical care?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 18:22:09 +0200, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
om...
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote

The energy content of wood is minuscule compared to petroleum
products. Burning wood is why there are few forests in Europe. They
were all converted to charcoal during the Middle Ages.

They are paying dearly now. I happen to be in Italy right now. Heating
oil is the same price as diesel at the pump. I paid $7.64 a
gallon yesterday. Typical home temperatures in winter are about 60
degrees.

And of that $7.64, approximately $1.00 went for the gas. The rest was
taxes.

You mean like the 15% of income they pay for free medical care?

"pay for free medical care"

Gotta love it.

Slightly O.T. Green wood sealer for live trees? Lyndell Thompson Woodturning 5 May 23rd 06 05:25 AM
Lumber from local park trees in Los Angeles - Where??? Chuck Woodworking 3 April 12th 06 05:19 PM
local wood turners to Everett Wa ?? res055a5 Woodturning 1 January 15th 05 09:01 PM
Wood burning Dawn Cherni Woodworking 6 August 28th 04 01:26 PM
Find local wood dealers with search engine Phisherman Woodworking 7 December 31st 03 12:10 PM