Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Mariano Rivera - lumberjack

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP22c1...00af39b4e.html

"Chuck Schupp of Louisville Slugger estimated Rivera averaged at least
one broken bat for every two of his 1,038 regular-season games and 94
postseason appearances. At the rate required for manufacturing, he
thinks Rivera alone has accounted for five to six trees of busted
wood."
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 11:43:31 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP22c1...00af39b4e.html

"Chuck Schupp of Louisville Slugger estimated Rivera averaged at least
one broken bat for every two of his 1,038 regular-season games and 94
postseason appearances. At the rate required for manufacturing, he
thinks Rivera alone has accounted for five to six trees of busted
wood."

What? He's never heard of a little glue and a coupla brads?
Where's his greenness?

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In ,
RicodJour typed:
http://online.wsj.com/article/AP22c1...00af39b4e.html

"Chuck Schupp of Louisville Slugger estimated Rivera
averaged at least one broken bat for every two of his
1,038 regular-season games and 94 postseason appearances.
At the rate required for manufacturing, he thinks Rivera
alone has accounted for five to six trees of busted wood."

So what's your question? I appreciate your using "OT" but ... it's badly
over-used here, especially since there is nothing, nada, resembling a
question about ANYthing of any kind; only useless verbosty!
Try a group that has something to do with baseball bats where you (gasp!)
will be ON topic! And note that this group's name is NOT "ot"!

Note that I have no vendetta or anything similar toward you; but this group
doesn't need all the "ot" egoes running around it, although you did make a
weak attempt at putting it on topic.

HTH,

Twayne`

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 18, 6:02*pm, "Twayne" wrote:
RicodJour typed:

[...]

In future it would be most helpful if you provided a list of the OT
post topics that you consider sufficiently on topic so I could ignore
it. Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Twayne wrote the following:
In ,
RicodJour typed:
[...]

You must be a hell of a lot of fun to hang out with.
Do you go to an event with friends and allow no one to talk about
anything other than the event?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote:
On Sep 18, 6:02 pm, wrote:
typed:

[...]

List of acceptable OTs:

1. Gas prices
2. Home/Shop renovations and maintenance, especially anything electrical
3. Injuries
4. Global warming/cooling (NOT!) -- LOL!
5. Impedance and related words (see #2)
6. Baseball bat statistics (NOT!) -- LOL!
7. Anything shop related, metal working for instance.
8. Tool making
9. Lists of OT dos and dont's
10. Multimedia/youtube links that don't suck!

This is just a start. And please don't take it too seriously, unless
you're posting off-topic.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Sep 18, 6:02 pm, wrote:
typed:

[...]

List of acceptable OTs:

1. Gas prices
2. Home/Shop renovations and maintenance, especially anything electrical
3. Injuries
4. Global warming/cooling (NOT!) -- LOL!
5. Impedance and related words

Oops, #5 was supposed to be a NOT!

6. Baseball bat statistics (NOT!) -- LOL!
7. Anything shop related, metal working for instance.
8. Tool making
9. Lists of OT dos and dont's
10. Multimedia/youtube links that don't suck!

This is just a start. And please don't take it too seriously, unless
you're posting off-topic.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/18/2011 4:20 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Sep 18, 6:02 pm, wrote:
typed:

[...]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hilarious/252849242/
Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote the following:
On Sep 18, 6:02 pm, "Twayne" wrote:
RicodJour typed:

[...]

Of the 28 posts that Twayne responded to in the last 60 days (He did not
initiate any posts in those 60 days and I delete posts more than 60 days
old, so I can't check further), 90% of them were admonishing people for
posting OT messages. A couple of OT posters were not admonished because
he had an interest in the message and responded to them.
The most egregious OT response to a long time and prolific member was
the following exchange.

Robotoy sends

We buried mother today. I was in awe of the strength my
nieces, daughter demonstrated in giving their eulogies.
Me, I was just a blithering idiot.
So much of my mother's strength has been passed on... all
for good. (Thank God, because being on mother's ****list
was avery bad thing.)

Now to enjoy some time with the remnants of my family.....

...then I'll be back to hound you
sunsabiatches....hehehehe

------------------------------
Twayne responds.
Then take some of that "strength" and apply it to relevant groups.
Perhaps run your lazy ego thru a table saw while you're at it.
------------------------------

I have never, in all my years of usenet, ever used personal attacks or
name calling on a poster, but I am going to use one now. Hold on a second...

......., ... ............. ... .... ..... .. ....
.. .... ... ....... ..., .........

OK, done.
Sorry for the bad language.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 18:38:08 -0400, willshak
wrote:
You must be a hell of a lot of fun to hang out with.
Do you go to an event with friends and allow no one to talk about
anything other than the event?

Why are you talking to this twit as if what he says makes any sense?
Honestly, I've never seen such an idiot as Twayne so full of himself,
yet having so little to contribute.

He's too dull to realize that "OT" in the headers can be used to
filter out all messages not on topic. Hell, even a pet cockroach is
smarter than that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
You must be a hell of a lot of fun to hang out with.
Do you go to an event with friends and allow no one to talk about
anything other than the event?

Why are you talking to this twit as if what he says makes any sense?
Honestly, I've never seen such an idiot as Twayne so full of himself,
yet having so little to contribute.

He's too dull to realize that "OT" in the headers can be used to
filter out all messages not on topic. Hell, even a pet cockroach is
smarter than that.

He wants to see and read OT messages so that he can perform his netcop
duties. Otherwise, he has no raison d'etre.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 02:36:00 -0400, willshak
wrote:
He wants to see and read OT messages so that he can perform his netcop
duties. Otherwise, he has no raison d'etre.

You're right. It's pretty sad though. I guess everybody needs to put a
purpose to their existence.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Twayne

The subject it's self is O/T.

Next.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/19/2011 7:27 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
The subject it's self is O/T.

Next.

Lew

Is that twit still around. LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 20, 7:46*am, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 9/19/2011 7:27 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

The subject it's self is O/T.

Next.

Lew

Is that twit still around. *LOL

That asshole is getting waaay too much airtime.

SUPPORT OUR SOLDIERS Spc. Michael D. Rivera, 22, of Brooklyn, N.Y. BGKM Woodworking 0 March 12th 07 04:20 AM
IR.AF: Master Sgt. Emigdio E. Elizarraras, 37, of Pico Rivera, Calif., died in Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan on Feb. 28, when an improvised explosive device detonated near his HMMWV 2006,2296,276 Woodworking 0 March 2nd 06 03:55 PM
Lumberjack song? dean Home Repair 5 November 15th 05 05:10 PM
Rivera M60 tube amp question Richard Rasker Electronics Repair 4 September 29th 05 04:51 PM