dean

Default Lumberjack song?

Is there an original Lumberjack Song? (I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I
sleep all nigfht and I work all day...). I only heard the Monty Python
version

MasterBlaster

"dean" wrote
Is there an original Lumberjack Song? (I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I
sleep all nigfht and I work all day...). I only heard the Monty Python
version

Then you've already heard the "original".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lumberjack_Song_(Monty_Python)

Jeff Wisnia

dean wrote:
Is there an original Lumberjack Song? (I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I
sleep all nigfht and I work all day...). I only heard the Monty Python
version

Not that I could spot.

The page link below has the Monte Python one plus two other "Lumberjack"
songs and all three seem like they have pretty different lyrics.

You can click on the songs and then print the lyrics.

http://seek.sing365.com:8080/cgi-bin...20lyrics&kw=on

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Richard J Kinch

MasterBlaster writes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lumberjack_Song_(Monty_Python

You mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lum...onty_Python%29

I learned a new word that will come in handy: Büstenhalter
Joseph Meehan

dean wrote:
Is there an original Lumberjack Song? (I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I
sleep all nigfht and I work all day...). I only heard the Monty Python
version

After the Monty Python version you would be spoiled for any others
anyway.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Chris Lewis

According to dean :
Is there an original Lumberjack Song? (I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I
sleep all nigfht and I work all day...). I only heard the Monty Python
version

The song does predate Monty Python, and probably in quite a number
of versions. I do remember an old folk tune rather similar to the
Monty Python tune/lyrics, but the Monty Python version has so overwhelmed
search engines, that it's impossible to find.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est