Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is Triton leaving the US market????

I've had my Triton 3 1/4 HP router for about 5 years. Over the
weekend I was making some arched mouldings and the bit hit a piece of
wood on a makeshift fence as it was starting up. After that I
couldn't turn it on. Figure I need a new switch or something. I need
some service and called around. The only Triton number I could get
was for HTC in Michigan, apparently they handle the US for Triton.
When I called there, I got a recording telling me to call 613-935-8099
for Triton support. I've called that number 3 or 4 times a day for
the last few days and only get a recording, never a person. It asks
me to leave a message and they'll call back.....but they haven't.

What's going on? Is Triton pulling out of the US market? Where can
we get service for our tools? I either need to get this serviced soon
or buy a new one. This is making me think twice about Triton.

Anyone else with similar experience?

WoodChuck
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/10/2011 2:58 PM, Woodchuck34 wrote:
[...]

This is not the first time that this has happened. FWICT the
company/compainies that import and sell the Triton in the US either go
out of business, or are not big enough to handle the volume or lack
there of. IIRC there have been a few importers.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , lcb11211
@swbelldotnet says...

[...]

FWIW, a very few Triton tools were sold as Craftsman or Craftsman
Professional for a while. If you can find the right model number you
may be able to get parts from Sears. However their parts department
post K-Mart is not what it used to be.

Posted to rec.woodworking

If your Triton is 5 years old, they (HTC) may not have the correct
part - there have been 3 models of the 3 1/4 hp router that I know of
- I have one of the 1st and 3rd models, the switch looks the same,
assuming that is the problem. If the switch seems to move OK & the
light is on, check that something isn't caught in the shaft lock
mechanism.

There is a tutorial of sorts on taking the large Triton router apart
on the Australian Woodworker's Forums:
http://www.woodworkforums.com/

There are a few on-line sellers of Triton parts - this company in the
UK even have their own line of upgrade parts as well as spares:
http://www.toolsparesonline.com/

regards
Bruce
owner of 7 Triton routers

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:58:35 -0700 (PDT), Woodchuck34
wrote:

[...]

Leaving a lathe outside... Toller Woodworking 10 October 10th 06 01:45 PM
Leaving CH drained PM UK diy 1 April 29th 05 02:00 PM
Leaving the Pith in? [email protected] Woodturning 1 January 8th 05 12:48 AM