Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Google quit indexing usenet

http://thenextweb.com/google/2011/08...nyone-noticed/

There ya go
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 10, 7:19*am, Markem wrote:
http://thenextweb.com/google/2011/08...topped-indexin...

There ya go

That would be incorrect. My Google rec.woodworking is up-to-date.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In ,
Robatoy typed:
On Aug 10, 7:19 am, Markem wrote:
http://thenextweb.com/google/2011/08...topped-indexin...

There ya go

That would be incorrect. My Google rec.woodworking is
up-to-date.

Agreed; read the link to understand it. NNTP is not google-groups.

Posted to rec.woodworking

George Watson returns.

------------------
"Twayne" wrote in message ...
Agreed; read the link to understand it. NNTP is not google-groups.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 05:45:50 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Aug 10, 7:19*am, Markem wrote:
http://thenextweb.com/google/2011/08...topped-indexin...

There ya go

That would be incorrect. My Google rec.woodworking is up-to-date.

So Google Canada (?) works, hey I just saw it and posted here whether
there is truth in it? I did not check, did not even read it.

But Google has had screwups and they really do not care about usenet.

Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking

Oh, people noticed.

Google, though, has 'complaint' groups for reporting malfunctions
that are CLOSED FOR POSTING, so there's no appropriate blog
or Google Group that collects the 'broken now' information.

This time the outage lasted about a week; it cleared up yesterday and
Google Groups seems to be functional as an NNTP service at this time.