Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Google usenet advanced search AFU again ?

Or just me? , or Firefox browser problem?. Started a week ago but could
abandon google.co.uk and use the USA version and now that is AFU.
For both deja content and recent stuff there is now no date choice to narrow
selection.

The original form appears briefly , but uncatchable , then the crap format
replaces it.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote:
Or just me? , or Firefox browser problem?.

Nope and nope. Google "improved" it again.

Started a week ago but could abandon google.co.uk
and use the USA version

Ah. You guys were the guinea pigs.

and now that is AFU.

Yup. My old Address Bar template is now useless too.
(I do searches from the Address bar and edit that.)

Note to Google:
DUMBING THINGS DOWN does **NOT** make them better.

For both deja content and recent stuff
there is now no date choice to narrow selection.

You can still get chronological order, but yup,
the way thay have attempted to kill off the seperate *groups* engine
has lobodomized the engine for Usenet.
http://groups.google.com/search?q=AF...lter=0&num=100
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:38:04 -0000, "N_Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Or just me? , or Firefox browser problem?. Started a week ago but could
abandon google.co.uk and use the USA version and now that is AFU.
For both deja content and recent stuff there is now no date choice to narrow
selection.

The original form appears briefly , but uncatchable , then the crap format
replaces it.

I found the original form at the Wayback Machine:
http://web.archive.org/web/200706231...ced_search?q=&

I've saved it to my hard drive and bookmarked the file on my HD
instead of the web site.

I just removed all references to web.archive.org.

This is the file I use:
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/Goo...sAdvSearch.htm

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://web.archive.org/web/200706231....com/advanced_
search?q=&

I've saved it to my hard drive and bookmarked the file on my HD
instead of the web site.

I just removed all references to web.archive.org.

This is the file I use:
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/Goo...sAdvSearch.htm

- Franc Zabkar

Neat work around. Done likewise, and saved as favourites on my HD

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

I see date option has now returned to the current version but leaving
"Return only messages from the group at this location"
blank, implying cross-location, does not work, so still SNAFU/AFU.
So your option is the required one still.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England