Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Marriage of Convenience

Swingman wrote:
Two kitchen cabinets of different backgrounds and styles, rejected from
two previous construction projects for various reasons, and years apart
in age, have now been joined and start a new life together ... let us pray:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...eOfConvenience

I think a tv stand is like a fireplace--the major focal point of a room.
So, I might think twice about using it as a tv stand without making it
symmetric (are you willing to customize the left end too?). Surely it
has other uses just as is.

Your work is excellent. You probably discard stuff nicer than what I
use, so what do I know.. It is always a privilege to look at your projects!

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Two kitchen cabinets of different backgrounds and styles, rejected from
two previous construction projects for various reasons, and years apart
in age, have now been joined and start a new life together ... let us
pray:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...eOfConvenience

I think it looks nice where it is. In my previous comment I was thinking
of it in a living room. I see now that it's a custom fit.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/24/2011 5:11 PM, Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Two kitchen cabinets of different backgrounds and styles, rejected from
two previous construction projects for various reasons, and years apart
in age, have now been joined and start a new life together ... let us
pray:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...eOfConvenience

I think it looks nice where it is. In my previous comment I was thinking
of it in a living room. I see now that it's a custom fit.

LOL ... no offense at all, Bill. It is definitely an arranged marriage,
but not necessarily "custom" for the spot.

Linda and I began discussing something for our lake house up in AR about
three years ago. I told her about these two cabinets, in storage at the
time, and that there was one particular spot where they would work in
the lake house if maybe combined.

She was all for it, but it got put on the back burner (any of my stuff
is the last to get done and has to be fit in between income generating
projects, if you know what I mean).

Then a couple of years ago when I finally got around to actually
performing matrimony, she saw it and wanted to "try" the results in the
master bedroom (an inveterate pack rat, she always welcomes more
horizontal space of any kind to put "stuff".

Bottom line is, once I got that 200+ pound sucker up the stairs here at
home, she will play hell ever getting _me_ to bring it back down for a
trip to AR ... where there is indeed a "custom" spot for it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

We apologize for any convenience masterfactorials@anticipated_isp.com Home Repair 1 January 17th 08 03:27 PM
OT - Marriage J T Woodworking 0 September 2nd 06 08:21 PM
Save My Marriage! Joe Viola Home Repair 15 November 28th 05 03:52 AM
Save My Marriage #2 Joe Viola Home Repair 2 November 26th 05 01:54 PM