Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Google Plus for grins ...

Anyone that is already on Google+, or would like an invite, and may be
remotely interested in an informal woodworking "circle" of like minded
individuals, or just to see how this latest addition to the social
networking idiocy is going to play out, drop me an email.

I realize that this is not most wreckers cup of tea, but it looks like
it may be more amenable to sharing woodworking adventures, photos, etc.
Google+ appears a good deal more private, discerning and to the point
than FaceBook. Caveat: you supposedly need to sign up with a real name.

I know, ... but hey, you never can tell where the next opportunity is
coming from; nothing ventured, etc.; and, especially in keeping up with
technology, you snooze, you lose.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/21/2011 3:33 PM, Swingman wrote:
Anyone that is already on Google+, or would like an invite, and may be remotely
interested in an informal woodworking "circle" of like minded individuals, or
just to see how this latest addition to the social networking idiocy is going
to play out, drop me an email.

I realize that this is not most wreckers cup of tea, but it looks like it may
be more amenable to sharing woodworking adventures, photos, etc. Google+
appears a good deal more private, discerning and to the point than FaceBook.
Caveat: you supposedly need to sign up with a real name.

I know, ... but hey, you never can tell where the next opportunity is coming
from; nothing ventured, etc.; and, especially in keeping up with technology,
you snooze, you lose.

I haven't been invited to "play" yet, but I've been told (on Facebook) that "It
rocks!"

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I haven't been invited to "play" yet, but I've been told (on Facebook)
that "It rocks!"

Check your incoming ... (providing I did it correctly). If not, get back
to me on FB.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 21, 4:33*pm, Swingman wrote:
Anyone that is already on Google+, or would like an invite, and may be
remotely interested in an informal woodworking "circle" of like minded
individuals, or just to see how this latest addition to the social
networking idiocy is going to play out, drop me an email.

I realize that this is not most wreckers cup of tea, but it looks like
it may be more amenable to sharing woodworking adventures, photos, etc.
Google+ appears a good deal more private, discerning and to the point
than FaceBook. Caveat: you supposedly need to sign up with a real name.

I know, ... but hey, you never can tell where the next opportunity is
coming from; nothing ventured, etc.; and, especially in keeping up with
technology, you snooze, you lose.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I got this message:

Google+ is in limited Field Trial
Right now, we're testing with a small number of people, but it won't
be long before the Google+ project is ready for everyone. Leave us
your email address and we'll make sure you're the first to know when
we're ready to invite more people.
Keep Me Posted
Already invited? We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try
again soon.

============

But sure, I'll give it a whirl.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/21/2011 4:07 PM, Swingman wrote:

I haven't been invited to "play" yet, but I've been told (on Facebook)
that "It rocks!"

Check your incoming ... (providing I did it correctly). If not, get back to me
on FB.

Got it, thanks. I wasn't aware I could be invited in by others. I tried to
just sign into my Google account and join when I heard others talking about it,
but it wouldn't let me; said I wasn't among the people who had been selected
for the trial.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/21/2011 4:41 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 7/21/2011 4:07 PM, Swingman wrote:

I haven't been invited to "play" yet, but I've been told (on Facebook)
that "It rocks!"

Check your incoming ... (providing I did it correctly). If not, get back to me
on FB.

Got it, thanks. I wasn't aware I could be invited in by others. I tried to just
sign into my Google account and join when I heard others talking about it, but
it wouldn't let me; said I wasn't among the people who had been selected for
the trial.

Ah, but it looks like I might not be able to enjoy everything it has to offer
yet. When I look at "People in your circles" it lists me as "not yet using
Google+" and "Sharing via email only".

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/21/2011 4:41 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 7/21/2011 4:07 PM, Swingman wrote:

I haven't been invited to "play" yet, but I've been told (on Facebook)
that "It rocks!"

Check your incoming ... (providing I did it correctly). If not, get
back to me
on FB.

Got it, thanks. I wasn't aware I could be invited in by others. I tried
to just sign into my Google account and join when I heard others talking
about it, but it wouldn't let me; said I wasn't among the people who had
been selected for the trial.

It's indeed limited until it gets out of beta, but once you're in/been
invited you can invite others (there might be a rated amount of new
users/hour, from what I hear).

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/21/2011 4:50 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 7/21/2011 4:41 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 7/21/2011 4:07 PM, Swingman wrote:

I haven't been invited to "play" yet, but I've been told (on Facebook)
that "It rocks!"

Check your incoming ... (providing I did it correctly). If not, get
back to me
on FB.

Got it, thanks. I wasn't aware I could be invited in by others. I
tried to just
sign into my Google account and join when I heard others talking about
it, but
it wouldn't let me; said I wasn't among the people who had been
selected for
the trial.

Ah, but it looks like I might not be able to enjoy everything it has to
offer yet. When I look at "People in your circles" it lists me as "not
yet using Google+" and "Sharing via email only".

Did you go through the sign up?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
news
Anyone that is already on Google+, or would like an invite, and may be
remotely interested in an informal woodworking "circle" of like minded
individuals, or just to see how this latest addition to the social
networking idiocy is going to play out, drop me an email.

I realize that this is not most wreckers cup of tea, but it looks like
it may be more amenable to sharing woodworking adventures, photos, etc.
Google+ appears a good deal more private, discerning and to the point
than FaceBook. Caveat: you supposedly need to sign up with a real name.

I know, ... but hey, you never can tell where the next opportunity is
coming from; nothing ventured, etc.; and, especially in keeping up with
technology, you snooze, you lose.

Thanks,Karl. I'm in, but now getting into circles is more of a test ...
I'm

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/21/2011 5:10 PM, Swingman wrote:
[...]

Yes, but I'm not sure I did it right... But I'm signed up under my gmail
address and not the one you invited me under. When I look in my "circle of
friends", I show up as my own friend under the email address that you invited
me with, so that's probably my point of confusion. I just added you in my
circle of friends; curious to see the effect... I've seen several
notifications from you that were sent to my non-gmail address; try switching to
my gmail identity in your "circle" instead.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sure, hit me up!

Post back if you didn't get the invite.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 21, 4:33*pm, Swingman wrote:
Anyone that is already on Google+, or would like an invite, and may be
remotely interested in an informal woodworking "circle" of like minded
individuals, or just to see how this latest addition to the social
networking idiocy is going to play out, drop me an email.

Do me. Do me like I have never been done before, Karl.
..
..
..
..
..
*smirk*
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Swingman

Sure, hit me up!

Post back if you didn't get the invite.

Got it. Ta!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:15:22 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Robatoy wrote:
On Jul 21, 4:33 pm, Swingman wrote:
Anyone that is already on Google+, or would like an invite, and may
be remotely interested in an informal woodworking "circle" of like
minded individuals, or just to see how this latest addition to the
social networking idiocy is going to play out, drop me an email.

Do me. Do me like I have never been done before, Karl.
.

Uh-oh....

Right. Banana crop must've failed.

--
If you're trying to take a roomful of people by
surprise, it's a lot easier to hit your targets

grins for Amazon Bill Woodworking 5 October 23rd 06 01:57 PM
Giggles & Grins...Minichopper Project Marty Escarcega Metalworking 4 August 21st 03 01:30 AM