Tom Watson

Default Charlie Self Moved Back Home - and I'm happy for him.

Been a lot of trollish **** associated with Charlie's name - I just
wanted to start a thread that was positive.

I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural.

These ****ants ain't no nevermind. They don't know him.

I'm looking forward to his posts from Home.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
Dave Balderstone

In article , Tom Watson
wrote:

I'm looking forward to his posts from Home.

Amen. Hope they have a safe and joyful trip.

djb
Bay Area Dave

Tom Watson wrote:

Been a lot of trollish **** associated with Charlie's name - I just
wanted to start a thread that was positive.

I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural.

These ****ants ain't no nevermind. They don't know him.

I'm looking forward to his posts from Home.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

your language isn't a whole lot better than the troll's...

dave

Norman D. Crow

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
Been a lot of trollish **** associated with Charlie's name - I just
wanted to start a thread that was positive.

I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural.

These ****ants ain't no nevermind. They don't know him.

I'm looking forward to his posts from Home.

AMEN!

--
Nahmie
The first myth of management is that management exists.

---

Leon

He is arde back postin.

Wes

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:53:24 -0400, Tom Watson
wrote:

|Been a lot of trollish **** associated with Charlie's name - I just
|wanted to start a thread that was positive.
|

|I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural.
|

|These ****ants ain't no nevermind. They don't know him.
|

|I'm looking forward to his posts from Home.

Me too. Actually, tho he's already postin'.

Wes

Charlie Self

Wes responds:

|Been a lot of trollish **** associated with Charlie's name - I just
|wanted to start a thread that was positive.
|

|I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural.
|

|These ****ants ain't no nevermind. They don't know him.
|

|I'm looking forward to his posts from Home.

Me too. Actually, tho he's already postin'

It is great to be back, even though the associated work is more than I
wanted--and we paid guys to do the heavy lifting! Ya get old and fat you want
someone else to sling the ice box around.

Actually, we didn't pay them all. Some teenagers from a local church helped a
lot, as did family and friends. This end was a lot less costly, even though
some local pick-up labor thought $14 an hour was a fair wage for unloading a
truck (sure is far, for a good carpenter around here).

So the next couple of months will be spent straightening the shop, painting the
walls (did the ceiling about 4 years ago), painting the floor (it's varicolored
right now, between dark green (terrible for photography, but it sure lets you
know where the excess sawdust is--plus every other speck), setting up
machinery, building a wood rack, getting ready to add a foyer to the house,
getting ready to add 4' to the bedrom end of the house, and onward. Biggest
deal is clearing out a section of the old storage shed so I can move my loads
of air dried oak and cherry indoors. I want to do that this weekend, but it
depends on the local dump and how much they'll accept at one time. I think it's
1000 pounds before the bills start. With an S10 pick-up, that's 2 FULL loads.

And, did I mention, working full time? I plan to kick back to about 65 hours a
week soon, though.

Thanks, guys.

Charlie Self
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave
it to." Dorothy Parker

A Dubya

.....it'll keep you young.......

Cheers and good luck!

aw

Charlie Self

A Dubya notes:

....it'll keep you young.......

Cheers and good luck!

It has to. I figure with what I need to do, added to what I want to do, I'm
booked up here for all my spare time through my 87th birthday.

Charlie Self
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave
it to." Dorothy Parker

Noons

Charlie Self apparently said,on my timestamp of 17/06/2004 11:22 PM:

It has to. I figure with what I need to do, added to what I want to do, I'm
booked up here for all my spare time through my 87th birthday.

Good to see you back, chief!

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto
John Sellers

Bay Area Dave wrote in message news:226Ac.72892
your language isn't a whole lot better than the troll's...

dave

**** off, dave.

Sincerely,
John Sellers
Bay Area Dave

John Sellers wrote:
Bay Area Dave wrote in message news:226Ac.72892

your language isn't a whole lot better than the troll's...

dave

F*ck off, dave.

Sincerely,
John Sellers

top of the mornin' to ya!

dave

On 17 Jun 2004 06:48:25 -0700, (John Sellers)
wrote:

**** off, dave.

Sincerely,
John Sellers

please do not feed the trolls.....

Mike Hide

Bin up north for awhile and also in NC ,so whats all this stuff about
Charlie....mjh

--
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2
"Tom Watson" wrote in message
Been a lot of trollish **** associated with Charlie's name - I just
wanted to start a thread that was positive.

I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural.

These ****ants ain't no nevermind. They don't know him.

I'm looking forward to his posts from Home.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

Charlie Self

Mike Hide asks:

Bin up north for awhile and also in NC ,so whats all this stuff about
Charlie

Not really much. Left WV and moved back to VA. Time to get back with family and
friends, and regain my 1200 sf shop.

Charlie Self
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave
it to." Dorothy Parker

mttt

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Not really much. Left WV and moved back to VA. Time to get back with

family and
friends, and regain my 1200 sf shop.

a) Congrats! Always good to be home.
b) a Smidge confused (albeit normal) - did you move *back* to the same
house/spot? The "painting the shop" comment made me think so...

mttt

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural.

I knew Thomas Wolfe was full of it...

Charlie Self

mttt asks:

b) a Smidge confused (albeit normal) - did you move *back* to the same
house/spot? The "painting the shop" comment made me think so...

Yup. The place we made the mistake of leaving 2-1/2 years go for my venture in
corporate--I was going to write "life" but that's not what it is. Something for
which words fail me.

Charlie Self
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave
it to." Dorothy Parker

Charlie Self

mttt notes:

Tom Watson" wrote in message
.. .

I'm glad to see the man back home, where he belongs and feels natural.

I knew Thomas Wolfe was full of it...

After all, he wears a white suit. Mark Twain got away with it, but for the past
50 years it's been the symbol of the Good Humor Man.