Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More traffic from Oz, UK?

On Friday, 15 July 2011 04:52:08 UTC+10, Mr Pounder wrote:

I got some of my "education" in your ******** of a country. This from
"teachers" who spoke in broken English.
Google Seaton Park Technical High School for Boys. I lived at 6 Ladd Street,
Seaton Park, Adelaide.

That explains the total lack of any thought process...

The best moment of my life was in that 707 northbound and looking down on
your ******** of a country.

707? God, that must have been a looooong time ago.
Just about as actual as your knowledge of Australia...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 14, 9:16*pm, Noons wrote:
On Friday, 15 July 2011 04:52:08 UTC+10, Mr Pounder *wrote:
I got some of my "education" in your ******** of a country. This from
"teachers" who spoke in broken English.
Google Seaton Park Technical High School for Boys. I lived at 6 Ladd Street,
Seaton Park, Adelaide.

That explains the total lack of any thought process...

The best moment of my life was in that 707 northbound and looking down on
your ******** of a country.

707? God, that must have been a looooong time ago.
Just about as actual as your knowledge of Australia...

Didn't they have to inflight-refuel those puppies? Or did they go via
PNG?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/14/2011 9:26 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jul 14, 9:16 pm, wrote:
On Friday, 15 July 2011 04:52:08 UTC+10, Mr Pounder wrote:
I got some of my "education" in your ******** of a country. This from
"teachers" who spoke in broken English.
Google Seaton Park Technical High School for Boys. I lived at 6 Ladd Street,
Seaton Park, Adelaide.

That explains the total lack of any thought process...

The best moment of my life was in that 707 northbound and looking down on
your ******** of a country.

707? God, that must have been a looooong time ago.
Just about as actual as your knowledge of Australia...

Didn't they have to inflight-refuel those puppies? Or did they go via
PNG?

Is/was there a landing strip in PNG that would take a 707 when that was
in operation?

(Then again, the last time I was in PNG I was assisting in searching for
Rockefeller's son, among other things.)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 14, 9:16 pm, *wrote:
On Friday, 15 July 2011 04:52:08 UTC+10, Mr Pounder *wrote:
I got some of my "education" in your ******** of a country. This from
"teachers" who spoke in broken English.
Google Seaton Park Technical High School for Boys. I lived at 6 Ladd Street,
Seaton Park, Adelaide.

That explains the total lack of any thought process...

The best moment of my life was in that 707 northbound and looking down on
your ******** of a country.

707? God, that must have been a looooong time ago.
Just about as actual as your knowledge of Australia...

Didn't they have to inflight-refuel those puppies? Or did they go via
PNG?

Is/was there a landing strip in PNG that would take a 707 when that was
in operation?

I can't be sure, but quite a few kids I grew up with flew in and out
of PNG with their parents for visits. (Not all were refuges)
Mind you, that could have been in Catalinas for all I know. DC8's were
just starting to come in and out of Schiphol in those days.

(Then again, the last time I was in PNG I was assisting in searching for
Rockefeller's son, among other things.)

That sounds challenging. As a kid, I always wanted to go to PNG as I
had seen pictures of the exotic flora and fauna and always imagined
what that place must have sounded like. It boggles my mind to know
that there are still people in those jungles that haven't bought iPods
from us whiteys yet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/15/2011 9:21 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jul 15, 9:16 am, wrote:

[...]

When I was there PNG was administered by Australia and was, in a
nutshell, "Colonial British", the absolute very stuff of novels and
movies. The old hotel in Port Moresby was right out of Casablanca,
probably older!

I spent a good deal of time traveling North West from Pt Moresby by
boat, all the way along the coast to Kido (sp?). My job was visiting
each and every coastal village along the way to try and convince the
locals to leave our Shoran navigation buoys intact, and to supply our
two onshore Shoran stations, The buoys were used by our seismograph
crews to calibrate their position data and the local villagers on the
coast were wont to cut them loose and use them for fishing buoys.

All my landings (mostly solo) were done from a skiff and, because of the
shallow continental shelf and tides in the area, were usually made at
least a mile or two from the coastline, many lasted long into the night
before I could get back to the boat that dropped me off, due to the huge
tides, sometimes it was the next day before I could finally get back to
the mothership.

I've got a world of stories about that stint ... from visiting leper
colonies, to being entertained as an honored guest by people who had
only seen a handful of white folks in their existence, to almost being
swept out to sea when the skiff motor quit in the dark on an outgoing
tide, with the boat that dropped me off two miles away.

Great memories, from interesting, youthful experiences in that part of
the world ... from New Zealand, Oz, PNG to the islands in the Coral Sea.

Far and above more valuable, I realized later, than the college
education I was putting off by being there.

(Been meaning to write some of these experiences down fromm that time in
my life before oldtimer's disease takes hold)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote the following:
On Jul 14, 9:16 pm, Noons wrote:

On Friday, 15 July 2011 04:52:08 UTC+10, Mr Pounder wrote:

I got some of my "education" in your ******** of a country. This from
"teachers" who spoke in broken English.
Google Seaton Park Technical High School for Boys. I lived at 6 Ladd Street,
Seaton Park, Adelaide.

That explains the total lack of any thought process...

The best moment of my life was in that 707 northbound and looking down on
your ******** of a country.

707? God, that must have been a looooong time ago.
Just about as actual as your knowledge of Australia...

Didn't they have to inflight-refuel those puppies? Or did they go via
PNG?

OK, I couldn't think of what PNG meant other than a type of computer
graphic format.
I had to check and found out it was Papua New Guinea, which I had heard
about, just couldn't make the connection..

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

news
On Jul 15, 9:16 am, wrote:

[...]

I hope you do, it would make very interesting reading

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 15, 7:15*pm, "George W Frost" wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message

Far and above more valuable, I realized later, than the college education
I was putting off by being there.

(Been meaning to write some of these experiences down fromm that time in
my life before oldtimer's disease takes hold)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I hope you do, it would make very interesting reading

I agree. 8 ft timeline on the wall. a pack of PostIt notes and write a
page each day.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/15/2011 10:46 AM, Noons wrote:
On Friday, 15 July 2011 04:52:08 UTC+10, Mr Pounder wrote:

I got some of my "education" in your ******** of a country. This from
"teachers" who spoke in broken English.
Google Seaton Park Technical High School for Boys. I lived at 6 Ladd Street,
Seaton Park, Adelaide.

That explains the total lack of any thought process...

I would never admit to living in Seaton Park.
Defenitely the low end of town.

The best moment of my life was in that 707 northbound and looking down on
your ******** of a country.

Probably the best day in the countries' history getting rid of another
Neanderthal from Seaton Park.Hope you took your parents and siblings
with you.

-

Kevin (Bluey)

More traffic from Oz, UK? Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 117 July 20th 11 05:12 PM
More traffic from Oz, UK? Robatoy[_2_] UK diy 106 July 20th 11 03:44 AM
More traffic from Oz, UK? Noons[_2_] Woodworking 0 July 14th 11 04:51 AM
Traffic on this NG aspasia Home Repair 6 July 24th 07 04:39 AM
Traffic needed. Can anyone help? Paul King Metalworking 2 September 27th 05 03:00 AM