Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Don't try to do this, and move your shop at the same time ...

This was an interesting, last minute addition to a kitchen Leon and I
recently finished.

Client insisted upon a back-lit shelf to show off some art glass pieces.
Your wish is my command:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...96144099114402

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...96130222675010

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...96113229378594

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...95217651021170

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...95283515524130

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...95838485545330

(Yes, the camera in my DroidX sucks bananas!)

Solid hard maple shelving; 1/4" Lexan polycarbonate sheeting for light
diffusion; with lighting built-in to wall behind; magically hanging on
non-square, non-plumb, curved wall, with NO visible hardware/means of
support insisted upon; ... and oh yes, the piece has to come off the
wall easily, and the Lexan must be able to be changed if accidentally
scratched in the future (if I told you how I did it, I'd have to kill
you)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010