Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Attn: Han, Leon, Josepi, John

I missed this original thread from about four months ago -
it's not that I can't keep up with the conversation .

I laughed when I saw the picture. When I haven't been tripping
over it, I've been dodging one of these for over 25 years. The
particle board top had achieved the consistency of styrofoam,
so two weeks ago I stripped it down in preparation for the trash.

The color is B&D orange, but the name/logo HirsH is on the bottom
front horizontal crossbar. Clamps underneath the table held the
power tool by the tool's base plate. It came with a miter gauge that
rode in plastic slots and a blade guard.

I can't imagine that it could be sold today for safety reasons,
but way back when it was marginally effective once the blade was
aligned as best as possible. I remember it tilting back when using
a circular saw, and I think I stuck a jigsaw on it for a while.

Thanks for the memories.

-------------------
"Han" wrote in message ...
I used a commercial variation of the homemade setup discussed on the rec, a
long time ago. I can't find the company name. Now it is a stand for my
little planer and my big homemade airfilter. I don't recall having had any
real problem with the setup, but my Craftsman tablesaw with modifications
(bought ca. 25 years ago) works easier.
--
Best regards
Han

"Josepi" wrote in message
That is the same unit I have. You still have the original top. If I am not
mistaken it says "Black and Decker" on the top with orange and black
patterns.

-------------------

I had one like it, it was a Hirsh brand IIRC, a maker of cheap stools and
tool stands.

"Josepi" wrote in
:
That is the same unit I have. You still have the original top. If I am
not mistaken it says "Black and Decker" on the top with orange and
black patterns.

-------------------

It very well may be a BD thing, but it doesn't ring a bell. I am not about
to lift the airfilter off, because my shopTV, cablebox and VHS/cd/DVD
player are balancing on top ...

--
Best regards
Han

"John" wrote in news:4d8e321c$0$12647
:
Was that the Hirsch saw table?

Yes, I think it still is. But as I said, with the TV, VCR & cable box all
balancing on top of the airfilter, I'm not about to go look at the top
surface of the table ...
--
Best regards
Han

"Leon" wrote in
:
I had one like it, it was a Hirsh brand IIRC, a maker of cheap stools
and tool stands.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Joe invalid wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
... I used a commercial
variation of the homemade setup discussed on the rec, a long time ago.
I can't find the company name. Now it is a stand for my little
planer and my big homemade airfilter. I don't recall having had any
real problem with the setup, but my Craftsman tablesaw with
modifications (bought ca. 25 years ago) works easier.

As of ~9 years ago, the setup just serves as the support for the
humongous air cleaner I built using an eBay squirrel fan that turned out
much bigger than anticipated. I need to make a copule of photos to show
setup ... I had wanted to hang it from the basement ceiling, but I'm
afraid it would be a bad trapdoor for the unsuspecting wandering around
my living room ...

--
Best regards
Han

Ping Leon diggerop Woodworking 9 October 17th 09 09:58 PM
Ping Leon. stoutman Woodworking 16 March 2nd 06 05:13 AM
PING - Leon J T Woodworking 3 January 2nd 06 04:29 AM
Ping: Leon David Woodworking 1 June 23rd 05 12:35 AM