Posted to rec.woodworking

Default spraying water borne finish

I have been spraying Benjamin Moore's Impervo. It is a water borne
acrylic. After a lot of testing I can now get a very acceptable
finish. The equipment I have is a 4 stage Fuji with a gravity feed
gun. ( Don't let the gravity feed notation fool you. There is a tube
that comes from the turbine and into the top of the cup to pressurize
it.) A nice feature of the gun is that the cup can rotate relative to
the gun, so when the gun points straight down, the cup can be
positioned straight up.

In any case, I have found that adding 10% water and a bit of
extender makes a world of difference in the finished product. I have
also found that adding too much water sprays well but causes the
"satin finish" to be flat and chalky looking. Too much water can
destroy the final finish!

My $.02

Len
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How sharp is Band saw blade?

Well there I was, wondering how sharp my band saw blade was, so I
started up my band saw, pushed my thumb into the moving blade, then
pulled my thumb back. When I saw the blood pouring out, I knew the
blade was still sharp enough.

Then I said to myself, Hey Dumb Dumb, If you had the blade guard down
where it should be, I wouldn't be bleeding. That is what happens when
we get complacent, and do not take the time to do it right and safe.

It is healing, and luckily I didn't loose the thumb.

Jack
Posted to rec.woodworking

Glad it stayed tight.

----------

"godsword" wrote in message
m...
It is healing, and luckily I didn't loose the thumb.

Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking

"godsword" wrote in message
m...
Well there I was, wondering how sharp my band saw blade was, so I started
up my band saw, pushed my thumb into the moving blade, then pulled my
thumb back. When I saw the blood pouring out, I knew the blade was still
sharp enough.

Then I said to myself, Hey Dumb Dumb, If you had the blade guard down
where it should be, I wouldn't be bleeding. That is what happens when we
get complacent, and do not take the time to do it right and safe.

It is healing, and luckily I didn't loose the thumb.

Jack

G:

In my shop, I have the plaque of Dope.

On the exquisitely startling occasions when I've
qualified for that title in full capital letters, I
imprint my blood type on said plaque annotating
the fail with an inscription.

For a long while, I had two
tortured objects affixed representing operations
that stuttered a nanotick off full doom. Finally,
some horror fan got them for Xmas.
Funny how these kind of things keep memories
from going ghost.

But, I am afeared Grauman's Chinese may be
preparing a lawsuit.

Thanks for the report along with wishes
we won't have another one.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

"godsword" wrote in message
m...
Well there I was, wondering how sharp my band saw blade was, so I started
up my band saw, pushed my thumb into the moving blade, then pulled my
thumb back. When I saw the blood pouring out, I knew the blade was still
sharp enough.

Then I said to myself, Hey Dumb Dumb, If you had the blade guard down
where it should be, I wouldn't be bleeding. That is what happens when we
get complacent, and do not take the time to do it right and safe.

It is healing, and luckily I didn't loose the thumb.

Jack

You idiot
You deserve the Darwin award for stupidity for the week

Anyone knows that a moving bandsaw blade will cut your finger, no matter how
blunt it is

Posted to rec.woodworking

"George W Frost" wrote in message
ond.com...

"godsword" wrote in message
m...
Well there I was, wondering how sharp my band saw blade was, so I started
up my band saw, pushed my thumb into the moving blade, then pulled my
thumb back. When I saw the blood pouring out, I knew the blade was still
sharp enough.

Then I said to myself, Hey Dumb Dumb, If you had the blade guard down
where it should be, I wouldn't be bleeding. That is what happens when we
get complacent, and do not take the time to do it right and safe.

It is healing, and luckily I didn't loose the thumb.

Jack

You idiot
You deserve the Darwin award for stupidity for the week

Anyone knows that a moving bandsaw blade will cut your finger, no matter
how blunt it is

Your humor detector seems to be broken.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"George W Frost" wrote in message
ond.com...

"godsword" wrote in message
m...
Well there I was, wondering how sharp my band saw blade was, so I
started up my band saw, pushed my thumb into the moving blade, then
pulled my thumb back. When I saw the blood pouring out, I knew the
blade was still sharp enough.

Then I said to myself, Hey Dumb Dumb, If you had the blade guard down
where it should be, I wouldn't be bleeding. That is what happens when
we get complacent, and do not take the time to do it right and safe.

It is healing, and luckily I didn't loose the thumb.

Jack

You idiot
You deserve the Darwin award for stupidity for the week

Anyone knows that a moving bandsaw blade will cut your finger, no matter
how blunt it is

Your humor detector seems to be broken.

Just like his finger

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 25, 8:32*pm, godsword wrote:
Well there I was, wondering how sharp my band saw blade was, so I
started up my band saw, pushed my thumb into the moving blade, then
pulled my thumb back. *When I saw the blood pouring out, I knew the
blade was still sharp enough.

Then I said to myself, Hey Dumb Dumb, If you had the blade guard down
where it should be, I wouldn't be bleeding. *That is what happens when
we get complacent, and do not take the time to do it right and safe.

It is healing, and luckily I didn't loose the thumb.

Jack

Idiot. You're supposed to use your penis.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/26/2011 6:01 PM, Father Haskell wrote:
On May 25, 8:32 pm, wrote:
Well there I was, wondering how sharp my band saw blade was, so I
started up my band saw, pushed my thumb into the moving blade, then
pulled my thumb back. When I saw the blood pouring out, I knew the
blade was still sharp enough.

Then I said to myself, Hey Dumb Dumb, If you had the blade guard down
where it should be, I wouldn't be bleeding. That is what happens when
we get complacent, and do not take the time to do it right and safe.

It is healing, and luckily I didn't loose the thumb.

Jack

Idiot. You're supposed to use your penis.

Now you tell me - - - why didn't you tell me that before??

Tell you what, I'll wait for you to demonstrate so that I will know how
to do it right by watching you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

m...
On May 25, 8:32 pm, wrote:
Well there I was, wondering how sharp my band saw blade was, so I
started up my band saw, pushed my thumb into the moving blade, then
pulled my thumb back. When I saw the blood pouring out, I knew the
blade was still sharp enough.

Then I said to myself, Hey Dumb Dumb, If you had the blade guard down
where it should be, I wouldn't be bleeding. That is what happens when
we get complacent, and do not take the time to do it right and safe.

It is healing, and luckily I didn't loose the thumb.

Jack

Idiot. You're supposed to use your penis.

Now you tell me - - - why didn't you tell me that before??

Tell you what, I'll wait for you to demonstrate so that I will know how
to do it right by watching you.

Now, now. The good Father has to keep his intact.
For the choir boys, ya know?
Art