Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harper CANNOT be trusted with a majority Gov't.

On Monday, May 16, 2011 5:53:08 AM UTC-4, George Watson wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote:

/snippage

So what's the Linux equivalent of AutoCAD? The Linux CAD programs I
know of are badly crippled, abandoned, or so expensive that the cost of
a Windows license is negligible in comparison.

.. you serious???
Are you trying to be funny (humour) or
throwing in a troll???

Not having a need to run anything other than
r13 - for many years now - it has been my experience
the memory hogging y2000+ issues by Autodesk®
are not competitive. Performance or dollar wise.
If however I ever did need more than wireframe
I am sure I could find an Autodesk mime using a nix
platform. There has to be literally thousands of folks
out there using drafting packages.

So tell us of one that has a good track record.

Then again, if your idea of drafting is to point
and shoot with your camera enabled cell-phone....

How about the equivalent of Corel Painter? And if you say "Gimp" you
have no clue what Corel Painter does.

http://ostatic.com/blog/getting-star...e-graphics-app

"Corel Painter"... !!
OMFG.. ROTFLMAO

I do not notice you providing an alternative.

When you are needing long pants, do holler!

Huh? Was that a feeble attempt at an insult or something?

... and as said in a recent post, you savant
wood-banger types best stick with crafting
by whittling. Y'all might just injure
yourself with menz tools.
Take your software whining to a software
related group, small fry.

Yep, no actual information to impart.

Oh, and I notice that you're using Mozilla on Windows. Do you actually run Linux on anything?