Matt

Default And who says gov't is cold and uncaring?

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - A state senator has a plan for saving Oklahoma's
gamefowl industry now that cockfighters are legally prohibited from
pitting birds fitted with razor-like spurs.

State Sen. Frank Shurden, a longtime defender of cockfighting, is
suggesting that roosters be given little boxing gloves so they can
fight without bloodshed. The proposal is in a bill the Democrat has
introduced for the legislative session that begins Feb. 7.

"Who's going to object to chickens fighting like humans do? Everybody
wins," Sen. Frank Shurden said.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050127/D87SFE1G1.html

Ross Mac

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - A state senator has a plan for saving Oklahoma's
gamefowl industry now that cockfighters are legally prohibited from
pitting birds fitted with razor-like spurs.

State Sen. Frank Shurden, a longtime defender of cockfighting, is
suggesting that roosters be given little boxing gloves so they can
fight without bloodshed. The proposal is in a bill the Democrat has
introduced for the legislative session that begins Feb. 7.

"Who's going to object to chickens fighting like humans do? Everybody
wins," Sen. Frank Shurden said.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050127/D87SFE1G1.html

I guess this is "Classic Matt".....I know it's off topic but was a good
laugh.....Ross

Dan

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:38:27 -0500, "Ross Mac"
wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
roups.com...
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - A state senator has a plan for saving Oklahoma's
gamefowl industry now that cockfighters are legally prohibited from
pitting birds fitted with razor-like spurs.

State Sen. Frank Shurden, a longtime defender of cockfighting, is
suggesting that roosters be given little boxing gloves so they can
fight without bloodshed. The proposal is in a bill the Democrat has
introduced for the legislative session that begins Feb. 7.

"Who's going to object to chickens fighting like humans do? Everybody
wins," Sen. Frank Shurden said.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050127/D87SFE1G1.html

I guess this is "Classic Matt".....I know it's off topic but was a good
laugh.....Ross

It's even better than this, the chickens are intended to be fitted
with vests equipped with electronic sensors to record the score, like
olympic fencers- I'd almost pay to see that picture! Glad to see
that Iowa isn't the only state with legislators with way too much time
on their hands!

Dan
Duane Bozarth

Dan wrote:
It's even better than this, the chickens are intended to be fitted
with vests equipped with electronic sensors to record the score, like
olympic fencers- I'd almost pay to see that picture! Glad to see
that Iowa isn't the only state with legislators with way too much time
on their hands!

The way I look at it, if they're busy w/ this, they're not really
screwing up something else...