John Moorhead

Default Delta Homecraft Lathe pics posted in abpw

Folks -

Well, I finally posted the pics of the start of the project - getting the
lathe off of the floor and closer to being a tool instead of an anchor.

The setup that my dad had originally had an intermediate shaft for a greater
range of speeds. The way that it kept tension on the drive belt, and hooked
up to the motor was a bridge to far, if I wanted to put the motor in the
base cabinet. So, now the lathe only has 4 speeds.

I just finished wiring the motor to an easier to use switch and added a
power outlet (1 switched with the lathe, one hot) so I can hook up a shop
vac or some such and have it handy.

I have to turn some gallery spindles ASAP for screen doors, then turn some
spindles for a rocking chair project that is beyond overdue. The wif wants
to jump in and help, and that's fine by me. I just want to get the thing
steady, safe and sharp before I give her the green light.

Pop had this cross vice tool mount for precise work, presumably in metal as
there were a mess of small metal type cutters about 1/4" square. The lathe
doesn't have a lead screw, so that's kind of odd... I'll post more pics of
the tooling in the next go round.

Can anyone point me to the story behind "Rockwell Delta Milwaukee
Homecraft"? I have a drill press and 4" jointer of the same make.

Thanks!

John Moorhead

Bob Itnyre

Can anyone point me to the story behind "Rockwell Delta Milwaukee
Homecraft"? I have a drill press and 4" jointer of the same make.

Thanks!

John Moorhead

Have you tried http://oldwwmachines.com/ ? They have a lot of data and
pictures on old wood working machines. I've found some very usful as
well as interesting information on that site. Good Luck, Bob
John Moorhead

Default 1951!

Weelllllll..... Based on the serial number, the lathe was mfd in late '51.
There were a couple of examples that looked spot on... I am going to check
out info on the drill press as it is of the same vintage..

John

"Bob Itnyre" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone point me to the story behind "Rockwell Delta Milwaukee
Homecraft"? I have a drill press and 4" jointer of the same make.

Thanks!

John Moorhead

Have you tried http://oldwwmachines.com/ ? They have a lot of data and
pictures on old wood working machines. I've found some very usful as
well as interesting information on that site. Good Luck, Bob

Unisaw A100

John Moorhead wrote:
Weelllllll..... Based on the serial number, the lathe was mfd in late '51.
There were a couple of examples that looked spot on... I am going to check
out info on the drill press as it is of the same vintage..

Be careful John. Delta didn't build some of the Homecraft
line at the Milwaukee plant and therefore the numbers
didn't/don't always match the list from that plant.

UA100