Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Some very intriguing stuff here.

www.inventables.com

There are things for woodworking, things for other
applications and plenty of things to make you
think.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 2 May 2011 21:09:17 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:

www.inventables.com

There are things for woodworking, things for other
applications and plenty of things to make you
think.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Excellent time killer
Posted to rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Edward Hennessey wrote:
www.inventables.com

There are things for woodworking, things for other
applications and plenty of things to make you
think.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Very interesting (and expensive ), thanks for the link.

D:

You're welcome.

A lot of these items can be sourced more cheaply
elsewhere.

Knowing that these things exist
is one important benefit of the site. If a fellow ever
knew what might come in handy later, that would
cut down on the reading and recollecting. But you
don't.

Just the other week I found use for a glass that can
vary between completely clear and opaque by the
application of a charge. Somehow that stuck in the
deep memory hole. If it can be had at a right price
justifiable to the project, it will materialize.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

Edward Hennessey wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
Edward Hennessey wrote:
[...]

bathroom exterior windows. been around for at least 15 years if not longer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in message
m...
www.inventables.com

There are things for woodworking, things for other
applications and plenty of things to make you
think.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

As others have posted, neat stuff but expensive. Other
sources are much cheaper. For example Edmund Sci
has liquid crystal sheets 12x12 for $24.95 instead of
6x6 for $20.79.
http://www.scientificsonline.com/tem...al-sheets.html
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Edward Hennessey wrote:
[...]

Ed.. At my age I don't need any of those things. ww

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Edward Hennessey wrote:
[...]

Ah, my friend, but there are a lot of things we don't
need or can never be that are a pleasure to know about
nonetheless. That's the free benefit.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 4 May 2011 22:23:19 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:

Ah, my friend, but there are a lot of things we don't
need or can never be that are a pleasure to know about
nonetheless. That's the free benefit.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

I'm about to pull the trigger on some of that fish scale leather.
Should make quite an unique guitar strap.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Ah, my friend, but there are a lot of things we don't
need or can never be that are a pleasure to know about
nonetheless. That's the free benefit.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

I'm about to pull the trigger on some of that fish scale leather.
Should make quite an unique guitar strap.

You'll be quite the star around cats, too, I'm sure.

--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,
hoping it will eat him last.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Ah, my friend, but there are a lot of things we don't
need or can never be that are a pleasure to know about
nonetheless. That's the free benefit.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

I'm about to pull the trigger on some of that fish scale leather.
Should make quite an unique guitar strap.

TB:

I think this would be really spendy and can't clue
you on a source, though searching would.

But try a visual search of ("stingray skin"
OR "ray skin") "samurai sword" and you
should see the pebbled material peeking
out between handle wrapping. It was also
used for decorative effect in Japanese armor.

Very handsome.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Ah, my friend, but there are a lot of things we don't
need or can never be that are a pleasure to know about
nonetheless. That's the free benefit.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

I'm about to pull the trigger on some of that fish scale leather.
Should make quite an unique guitar strap.

You'll be quite the star around cats, too, I'm sure.

Musicians....we all cats.

pen stuff Ross Hebeisen Woodturning 4 June 28th 10 03:35 AM
pen stuff Ross Hebeisen Woodturning 2 April 24th 10 09:20 AM
OT - A intriguing "open lette"r on health care ... Swingman Woodworking 190 June 11th 09 03:18 AM
dbx/ hx pro stuff [email protected] Electronics Repair 6 June 16th 07 04:31 PM
FS in Alachua/Gainesville FL: huge volume shop stuff, tools supplieshardwares, other "guy stuff", 1, some, or all - PICKUP preferred dave Woodworking 0 January 30th 07 04:31 PM