Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need brown stain/sealer/pesticide

I can't find any Jasco Termin-8 to paint the cut ends of pressure
treated lumber any more. Evidently Homax bought Jasco and sold
Termin-8 to Black Flag and they stopped making brown, now making only
green. The problem is that 90% of all pressure treated lumber is now
brown, not green.

Does anyone know of a preservative/dye/pesticide/mildewcide that comes
in brown or can be mixed with deck stain so I can make my own? I just
emailed Superdeck to see if they did. They said they don't make it and
can't comment on it or test anything because of frackin' regulations.

I've found a clear pesticide but don't know if it would work in a deck
stain. It comes in gallons only and sells for $23, so I can't even
test it for a rational price. deep sigh

And I can't just paint it with clear and wait several days to paint it
with deck stain because half the timbers would be covered (or
underground) by then. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

--
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country
against his government." --Edward Abbey

Sanding sealer or pre-stain conditioner mcgyver Woodworking 1 February 28th 07 06:13 PM
How to clean aluminum baking pans used for roasting. Black, dark brown, light brown difficult to remove residues. [email protected] Home Repair 12 September 20th 06 12:56 PM
Spa stain/sealer Steve B Home Repair 1 April 14th 06 10:28 PM
pesticide-resistant fleas- how to get rid of them for good Keith Home Repair 5 August 15th 05 02:08 AM
*** Rec.Woodorking Mini-FAQ *** 148, Pesticide Free! David F. Eisan Woodworking 0 April 19th 04 12:52 PM