Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default Spa stain/sealer

When I bought my spas, the guy gave me about half a quart of Dux brand
stain/sealer. I can't find it locally, and would like to use a substitute
product. The wood looks like mahogany, but could be old fruit crates for
all I know. It's time to respray and reseal.

Any suggestions of a common product that will do the deed?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Any sealer made for decks will work. With or without pigment. Something
with silicone as an ingredient will bead the water best and longest.

Teak oil will also work (if indeed it is a hardwood like mahogany, ipe or
teak) but will need more frequent reapplication.